The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Richardson the best 4th line center?

Jiggs50

The Santorelli story was great but why do people not give Brad Richardson enough credit. I can't remember the last time we had such a stable 4th line center who also scored goals! (Lappy wasn't as great of a face off man and lacked discipline)

Anyway is Brad Richardson the best 4th line center the Canucks have ever had? Where do guys rank him among Nhl 4th line center's?

The Santorelli story was great but why do people not give Brad Richardson enough credit. I can't remember the last time we had such a stable 4th line center who also scored goals! (Lappy wasn't as great of a face off man and lacked discipline)

Anyway is Brad Richardson the best 4th line center the Canucks have ever had? Where do guys rank him among Nhl 4th line center's?

Sidney Crosby is the best 4th line center in the league

Chicago's 4th line centre won a gold medal playing for Sweden at the Olympics. With injuires, he ended up centering their first line in the gold medal game. With a cap hit of $1.325M through next year, Marcus Kruger is one reason why the Hawks can have such insane depth and still remain cap compliant.

Richardson has pretty much been our third line center the whole year, Dalpe's been good though.

Yes he is one of the best 4th line center's in the league.

When you have the right guys filling the bottom of the roster it really supports a team.

Honestly it somewhat boggles my mind why he signed in Vancouver, or why no other teams were interested.

Yes he is one of the best 4th line center's in the league.

When you have the right guys filling the bottom of the roster it really supports a team.

Honestly it somewhat boggles my mind why he signed in Vancouver, or why no other teams were interested.

I'm pretty sure he signed with Vancouver with the word of GMMG making sure he got a crack at 3rd C.

I believe Richardson has been our 3rd line center for the bulk of the season. Matthias adds another one, but he's not that great on draws, and Henrik or Kesler are out often now.

Kruger takes more faceoffs for the Hawks than anyone but Toews. He also plays more minutes than Handzus, so he's not their 4th line center. Handzus is. And he's not that great anymore.

Desjardins in SJ is decent, but meh.

Perreault in Ana has been quite good for them. Boudreau's deployment reminds me of how he treated the younger Caps.

Campbell in Boston is more a true 4th line center than anyone listed so far. He's decent. Probably better than Richardson overall.

Carter in LA takes the 4th-most faceoffs on his team. Does that make him the league's best 4th line center? No, since he plays too many minutes, but it's sure nice to have this option from a 'winger.' Lewis is also alright as their legit 4th line C.

Lapierre is fairly decent in StL.

Boyle has done fairly well in NY. Boyle in particular fits the big, pk-type center you'd want there.

Overall, Richardson has filled in admirably as the teams' 3rd line center while Gillis hunted for a better one. Now he's back to being used properly on a 4th line when this team is actually healthy. (Hey, where does that put Schroeder?)

If we had enough depth to restrict him to 4C all year, he'd be top 5 4C for sure. His work along the boards and in the offensive zone has really surprised me. Plus his defensive play and physicality has been really consistent all year. Great moneyball signing for MG.

Guest Gumballthechewy

David Booth is the best 4th line winger in the league.

Well the most expensive 4th line winger anyway. :lol:

Archived