The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Niederreiter's hit on Burrows

kilgore

HarmlessSaneGerenuk.gif

845639951.gif

2 minute "Interference" on Nino Niederreiter...really?

A clear shot to the head IMO. His head moves first upon impact. I'm surprised he didn't get a concussion. It still could show up.

I think Niederreiter deserves at least a one or two game suspension.

He did get his head but it didn't look intentional nor did he look like he made a move to target the head. Love Alex but don't think any more will come of it.

He sure followed through with the raised arm, finished the check right through the head. Blindside, predatory, meets all the criteria.

Much worse than Edler's hit on Hertl. The difference is it's a poster boy vs a whipping boy.

He did get his head but it didn't look intentional nor did he look like he made a move to target the head. Love Alex but don't think any more will come of it.

I agree it didn't look intentional in that Niederreiter went out of his way, but when the opportunity presented itself he did raise his arm to target Burrow's head with his shoulder when he could have kept it down.

I agree it didn't look intentional in that Niederreiter went out of his way, but when the opportunity presented itself he did raise his arm to target Burrow's head with his shoulder when he could have kept it down.

You could be right didn't look that way to me just looked like burrows was bent over a little to low when he cut him off. Of course that doesn't mean that he didn't know that and make it look like he was just cutting him off and accidentally hitting his head. Hard to know really but don't think he will get anything for it.

Guest Gumballthechewy

After close review of the incident, the NHL Department Of Player Safety has decided to suspend Alex Edler 3 games.

Uh, sorry, but that's not how it works, it's Burrows that's going to get the suspension... geez...

Archived