The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Little bit of an analysis on the picks in our range.

Tom Sestito

I dnt know....I like the balanced type of line that has a PF+2 way playmaker center+Finess winger

Lucic+Krecji+Eriksson

Heatly+Spezza+Alfredsson

Naslund+Morrison+Bertuzzi

Having 2 kassians would be great...just maybe not on the same line

Good future line if

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Kassian

Ritchie-Cassels-Jensen

could be 2 great balanced lines

How elite are Shink, horvat, Jensen and Cassels? Do you believe that all of them will pan out? I like Cassels playmaking ability but am not sure if any of those 4 are better or equal to players like Bennett, Reinhart or Dalle Cole. Those are the players I'd be looking at if we can't get our hands on Ekblad. I have a feeling Burke might go off the board and draft Ritchie with the 5th pick and I wouldn't mind that at all, meaning a top 5 player would slide to 6th position.

Ritchie can snipe the puck and is also a playmaker. He runs the number 1 power play unit for the Pete's and is considered to have the deadliest wrist shot in the draft this year .

Sam Reinhart and Dale Colle along with Bennett seem to be much more skilled than Ritchie. Ritchie isn't ranked higher than those guys but is considered a top 10 guy in the draft.

People are putting so much emphasis on this pick, not all picks are gonna pan out, even the better drafting teams mess up, eg Hamill with Boston and Glennie with Dallas. What's more import to me is they get a guy like Benning in here who can sort out the drafting and we start picking up the gems in the second and third rounds. So many of Boston's top player were drafted in the second round. I think you go for size/skill at that high of a pick, avoid dmen, they take longer to develope usually, and it seems like they are more prone to being busts. Most of the better players on the top NHL teams are North American, so I'd avoid the Euros. I'm looking at Da Colle, Perlini or Ritchie. Ritchie seems to be pretty far down on some of the mock drafts, not sure why, his stats and size really stand out. Also it's not like there are many great players on his team that are helping pad his stats.

Sam Reinhart and Dale Colle along with Bennett seem to be much more skilled than Ritchie. Ritchie isn't ranked higher than those guys but is considered a top 10 guy in the draft.

ya I dont see too many snipers in this years draft. I do see some big speedy dudes that are capable of bringing the puck to the net and love to also score goals

Virtanen

Perlini

Ritchie

is my draft order for when we select. We need these types of players to compete in our division.

Reinhart and MDC will and should be gone by #6 and I dont think we have the assets worth parting with to trade up

ya I dont see too many snipers in this years draft. I do see some big speedy dudes that are capable of bringing the puck to the net and love to also score goals

Virtanen

Perlini

Ritchie

is my draft order for when we select. We need these types of players to compete in our division.

Reinhart and MDC will and should be gone by #6 and I dont think we have the assets worth parting with to trade up

Reinhart is definitely gone before #6 but not too sure about Dal Collie. You have to remember that Burke will play an important part in Flames drafting and he usually picks off board. I think Burke will pick someone like Ritchie at 5th. If Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett and Draistail get picked in the top 4, maybe we have a chance to pick MDC at the 6th spot. I definitely see Ekblad, Reinhart and Bennett going top 3. Now it would be a toss up between MDC and Draistail.

People are putting so much emphasis on this pick, not all picks are gonna pan out, even the better drafting teams mess up, eg Hamill with Boston and Glennie with Dallas. What's more import to me is they get a guy like Benning in here who can sort out the drafting and we start picking up the gems in the second and third rounds. So many of Boston's top player were drafted in the second round. I think you go for size/skill at that high of a pick, avoid dmen, they take longer to develope usually, and it seems like they are more prone to being busts. Most of the better players on the top NHL teams are North American, so I'd avoid the Euros. I'm looking at Da Colle, Perlini or Ritchie. Ritchie seems to be pretty far down on some of the mock drafts, not sure why, his stats and size really stand out. Also it's not like there are many great players on his team that are helping pad his stats.

If you watch his game and compare it to other players ranked higher, you would probably be able to tell why he is ranked lower. There are players like Dal Collie who are faster and have better passing and dangling skills than Ritchie. Think of Dal Collie as Naslund or Joe Sakic and Ritchie as Lucic.

I see it playing out like

1) buffalo-Reinhart

2) Florida - Ekblad

3) Edmonton - Draisaitl

4) NYI - Dal Colle

5) Calgary - Ritchie

6) Vancouver - Bennett

Either way if we get the 6th pick, we're likely getting a solid player. There's also Ehlers, Kapanen and Nylander but those guys won't be ready for 3-4 years. I would love a guy who can step in almost right away

Archived