The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saudi Arabia declares all atheists are terrorists in new law

key2thecup

The reason the west has no issue with them is cause they willingly give them their oil. On the other hand countries like Libya, Syria, Egypt and Ukraine didn't so they had to have a "revolution" to change their leaders.

Not just their oil, either.

Saudi Arabia has willingly handed over billions upon billions of dollars to US firms over the years for engineering, construction, and defense. This has allowed a good chunk of the US oil expenditures to go right back into their National economy.

Where are you coming up with those facts? No one has polled me. Our church continues to grow and add on. Starting in a school gym and now having a church basically the of the school it started in.

I think belief and faith is growing rapidly as world worsens...

I'm not a Christian, but I respect Christianity. As for corruption, it's a given in any (majority) of religions cause it's human nature but even then, you can't just put one thing on the spotlight and take away credit for the millions of other goods things it has done. Governments, politics, school systems, just about anything has corruption to some extent and it's human nature so these people trying to use corruption as a point are using a very weak one at that.

And as for religion, 90% of the worlds population believe in a God while 10% don't. The norm is being religious anyways, always has been, and the trends shows will likely continue too so at any given point, it's completely normal to have faith in your religious beliefs. Nothing wrong in that, well at least I can so for my faith.

I'm not a Christian, but I respect Christianity. As for corruption, it's a given in any (majority) of religions cause it's human nature but even then, you can't just put one thing on the spotlight and take away credit for the millions of other goods things it has done. Governments, politics, school systems, just about anything has corruption to some extent and it's human nature so these people trying to use corruption as a point are using a very weak one at that.

And as for religion, 90% of the worlds population believe in a God while 10% don't. The norm is being religious anyways, always has been, and the trends shows will likely continue too so at any given point, it's completely normal to have faith in your religious beliefs. Nothing wrong in that, well at least I can so for my faith.

Did you just make up that stat or do you have a source? As Kennedy said "Our problems are man-made therefore they can be solved by man."

Offensive Threat is right on some points. But fundamental foundations on things that fight stuff like slavery, corruption, are being eroded. Greed and ignorance is ruling the the day. In Africa bush wars are slaughtering people, one village at a time. Ebola viruses are breaking out. Here in North America, corporations are having more impact on politicians than the voters themselves, destroying the concept of democracy. Then there's the destruction of our environment, and depletion of our farm lands, and crops, pollution, etc.

Instead of getting big wounds from a knife, we're being killed by thousands of small cuts. Wouldn't it be better if religions and leaders instead of worrying what book to read wisdom from, or what you should be wearing, would work together to make a better world to find solutions for our problems?

My socials teacher told me this but I thought it was crazy since I never heard anyone else confirm it, then I read 100s of Youtube comments and watched a documentary that proved it.

Did you just say you now believe something after reading YouTube comments?

Oy, this new generation is frightening me.....

Slowly but surely organized religion is starting to fade out in developed countries because of reasons like this. The Internet is where religion comes to die because the Internet is a source of education and education trumps ignorance associated in religion. Now more than ever people can see it being used as a tool to discriminate against others, used as political power grabbing tool, and a financial tool. Political power and the Almighty Dollar are the true gods of this planet and as long as you have hundreds of millions of suckers world wide you can fleece these people all day long. If I were religious, I would be absolutely embarrassed to share the same faith with so many of these zealots. Their behavior is often morally reprehensible and completely contradicts what their faith does teach.

Yet there are all those "ignorant" non religious people out there proving that the grass isn't greener.

I don't see organized religion dying, changing yes, but not dying.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Finally the Godless heathen infidels shall pay for their belief crimes!!!!! LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!!!!

MUHAMMAD JIHAD!! ALLAH DURKA DURKA!!!

Guest Gumballthechewy

Oh I see you speak Muslim extremist fluently.

Durka Durka, Jihad, Allah Durka Muhammad to you my good friend!

Ah baka shara, durka jihad, Muhammad Ali, ah durka durp, to you as well.

Once again, not Islamic.

This never used to happen in the time of the Prophet and there is no mention in the Quran or Hadith to do so.

Corrupt Saudi King.

Most people here in Saudi Arabia actually hate the king, but are to scared to do anything.

Yeah the Wahabbist sect that was put into power by the British during the early 1900's is the most extreme form of Islam. The whole cover women up in Burkas is a by-product of this monarchy. It doesn't say anywhere in the Quaran that women have to do that..... any Muslims on CDC please clarify what I just said as true...

The Iranians were actually really pro-western with the Shah, then the West pulled a co-up and put in the extremist Mullahs..... if they didn't pull that co-up, the influence of a pro-west Iran could have significantly changed the make-up of the middle east in today's era..... hell not putting the Wahabbist in control of Saudi, that countries population could have been the most advanced and intelligent on this planet because that oil money would have actually gone into building infrastructure and education.

Yeah the Wahabbist sect that was put into power by the British during the early 1900's is the most extreme form of Islam. The whole cover women up in Burkas is a by-product of this monarchy. It doesn't say anywhere in the Quaran that women have to do that..... any Muslims on CDC please clarify what I just said as true...

The Iranians were actually really pro-western with the Shah, then the West pulled a co-up and put in the extremist Mullahs..... if they didn't pull that co-up, the influence of a pro-west Iran could have significantly changed the make-up of the middle east in today's era..... hell not putting the Wahabbist in control of Saudi, that countries population could have been the most advanced and intelligent on this planet because that oil money would have actually gone into building infrastructure and education.

They weren't put into power by the Brits. Their alliance with them just allowed expansion of their already significant power

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabi_movement

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Saud

Also, I'm not a Muslim, but the Quran doesn't say anything about women wearing a hijab either. That, along with the burqa, is derived from the Hadith.

For gods sakes, what they're doing to atheists is wrong regardless of who you think is more arrogant.

Also, I remember AllEyezOnMe once saying that science is proving stuff that religion already proved. The topic got locked, but I've always felt like bringing that up. Funny statement, eh?

That's hilarious for certain things like

Religion: All planets revolve around the the earth

Science: All planets revolve around the sun

Then there is the positive thinking trend which is basically a part of every religion and just now science in Japan showed the effects of positive thinking.

But overall there is no doubt at all that

Science>>>>> Religion hands down

:bigblush:

Did you just say you now believe something after reading YouTube comments?

Oy, this new generation is frightening me.....

Its more about the documentary it shows both sides in fair representation with lot less bias then usual you should watch it.

It's called "Putin, Russia and the West" it's really interesting and comes in 4 parts.

The problem with that is that the world is not worsening. It is becoming a better place overall. Was it better during the times of slavery or the black death. Was it better when my parents were born into the underground bomb shelters of London England and Bremen Germany respectively during the second world war.(both born in 1940) A war that killed over 60 million people. I was born into the cold war with the very real threat of nuclear annihilation over our heads. THINGS ARE BETTER NOW. Young people today seem to have a very childish view of the world in regards to how good they have it.

The planet is not getting better, it's getting worse. Cancers, illnesses, global warming, famine, drought etc... Not to mention we are a stones throw away from a nuclear war with multiple countries... It's biblical, whether people want to believe it or not

You say it's subjective yet right after you do the same thing. I'm not judging anyone I don't know, all I said is out of all the people I know the most arrogant ones are the ones who are atheists, always knocking people who are religious and saying how stupid they are for believing what they do. I never said all atheists are like that because I know they aren't, just like I know that not all christians are crazy bible thumpers. Maybe instead of judging people yourself you should read what they post a little better. I don't care if someone believes in religion or not, I only care if they are decent people.

Now that you have had a chance to explain why you believe what you do that I'll tell you my side.

"I still remember that day in elementary school. I was going home and outside there was a van that had a cross logo on it and there was man with small book standing outside it. I was trying to go around and he asked me to take the book and come to this church on Sunday. I just wanted to go home and play with my toy cars and since it was 4 long blocks away I didn't want to waste anytime. So I said I was okay and tried to walk away. Then he blocked my way and with angry eyes said "please take this book and read it with you parents" I was frightened didn't say a word. I ran back to the school and told my teacher. He looked outside and saw the van. He went outside to try to drive the man away the man saw me coming with my teacher and ran into his van and drove away"

I have countless other less dramatic stories like this and I am not knocking religion or anything but just saying that's my side of the story since you told yours. Like I said before not all people who believe in religion are like that but there are some that tarnish the reputation just like your case. Not every atheist is arrogant like you describe them but from what you've seen they are. Same with my side. Lets leave it at that.

Archived