The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many starts should Markstrom get?

Off_The_Schneid!

With 5 games left in the regular season how many starts should he get? I was all for the playoff push, but now that that's over with a high draft pick takes precedence. The highest we can pick is 5th and it seems like the teams trying to catch us keep winning. I would give Markstrom 3 starts to let us see what he can do and if we lose, whatever.

At this point, I'd say as many as Lack wants him to have. If Lack's tired and wants a rest, let Markstrom start. If Lack feels good and wants to keep going, let him. He's earned it.

Is like to see him with one start min two if he plays well.

One game, and if he plays well, give him another .. rinse and repeat .. great time to have him 'acclimatize with no pressure'

It does depend a bit on the team's response here. If there is a huge let down now that they are out, putting in a rookie goalie just to get shelled is hardly good for his development.

He should have been getting starts from the get go. It would have been nice to know what we had in Markstrom going into next season, but he's a complete wildcard at the moment because of Torts' insistence on over-working Lack beyond the point of exhaustion. Now that we have a 0.01% chance of making the playoffs, I'd hope that Markstrom gets the majority of the starts the rest of the way.

With 5 games left in the regular season how many starts should he get? I was all for the playoff push, but now that that's over with a high draft pick takes precedence. The highest we can pick is 5th and it seems like the teams trying to catch us keep winning. I would give Markstrom 3 starts to let us see what he can do and if we lose, whatever.

I'd go with two, maybe three.

regards,

G.

It does depend a bit on the team's response here. If there is a huge let down now that they are out, putting in a rookie goalie just to get shelled is hardly good for his development.

Thank you for clarifying the obvious .. :)

Archived