Sign in to follow this  
spur1

BC Lions

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Toyotasfan said:

They adopt four down football and become a farm team league for the NFL . 

Imagine how many Seahawks fans would be at each Lions game if they were watching recent Seattle draft picks and potential future roster players playing 4 down football. 

• Like 1

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

Imagine how many Seahawks fans would be at each Lions game if they were watching recent Seattle draft picks and potential future roster players playing 4 down football. 

How else is the CFL going to survive if not as farm teams?  We could have 10 teams and each has a connection to 3 NFL teams or something like that.  We’d surely get way better talent coming up from the States then.  Right now the league is really poor football.  

On the league sucking. It's true. 

Who was the last Cameron Wake? A dominate player in the CFL who became a very solid player for the dolphins.

Not only stars who play a year or 2 then go south. At the moment there is no Geroy Simon's, Burris, Ray, Cavillo, Chad Owen's, ect.. 

At the moment I say Mitchell is the only star that keeps producing. 

Qbs change so often in this league when before it was burris, Ray, Durant, pierce and lulay for the longest of times it felt 

Edit

Also is it harder to find Americans who want to come north? These guys have university degrees. Is 80k in the cold if u r from Texas better then a 50k  job to build upon for the future of life? Especially with new leagues starting. Maybe the answer is to start in February and go till August for less conflict with the NFL. I know I tend to lose focus and care less once NFL season begins. I know I am not alone in this either 

Big questions marks for sure coming up for the league as a whole. Idk if the answer is more teams in Halifax, Quebec city, Saskatoon, victoria/Kelowna/surrey and go from there.  Should be an interesting off season for sure.  

For bc lions I haven't gone to a game in a decade. So expensive to live here is a problem but I rather spend a little more money for some upper bowl Canucks games, concerts or whitecaps games. Bc lions is down the list as far as weekend entertainment goes. Bad atmosphere, bad football for a while now. I wonder what new ownership will do with the team. 

Edited by milk and honey

Ok, rick campbell is in the house, i am very happy ......i personally want maas to join as OC, cause mike reillly did so well with him, and i can see it sparking something special again...... rick did a great job with ottawa esp with what he had to play with, no QB, mediocre def ....decent receivers ...i can see us winning the grey cup in 1-2 years ...

and rick is so hardcore with this, he changed his twitter name and now has all BC/Vancouver alll over it hehe, good man, and with him moving himself and his family here, is great

ahaha my last post was dec 3rd 2019 :P , not many lion fans here ^.^ , they made some good siginings now if they can get walker, we will have a kick ass team ...cross fingers, they need to make room within the cap though

6 hours ago, spur1 said:

RIP David Brayley. 

Shocked no thread was made about his passing :( kinda disappointed ...but ya huge hole and emptiness in BC/Ham and Toronto, and from what i heard he left funds for the BC Lions till they transition into new onwership, so they wouldnt fold due to lack of money , the guy is a freaking legend