The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Lions

Rate this topic

Nothing wrong with starting the year a little shaky and getting our butts handed to us. What happens is the guys quickly realize they have to give a full effort or they'll fail miserably.

Harris is just a powerhouse....keeps driving with those legs and is relentless. Logan came shining through. Phillips had a great game.

Exactly Deb.

Had to laugh when Montreal challenged the completed pass that BC challenged. Obviously wasn't pass interference. You'd think they would have had more than enough time to watch it in the booth.

Refs handed Montreal those 3 points. B.S. roughing the passer call. Refs really wanted Montreal in that game, just wasn't gonna happen.

Anybody else looking forward to Geroy Simon night?

I sure am!

Got the email from the Lions Yesterday.

JOIN US AS WE CELEBRATE THE CAREER OF GEROY SIMON

He came to the BC Lions as a free agent in October 2001 and he departed the CFL in 2013 as the all-time leading receiver and one of the greatest players to ever put on a helmet.

Geroy Simon, a name that has become synonymous with championships, big plays, Superman poses, community service and warm, friendly smiles for fans of all ages.

On Friday, July 25th when the BC Lions take on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Geroy Simon will receive the highest recognition the club can bestow upon a former player by being added to the Ring of Honour during halftime.

This will be no ordinary addition to an exclusive group that already includes the likes of Joe Kapp, Willie Fleming, Jim Young and Bob Ackles to name a few. When Geroy takes his rightful place among the greatest men to ever play in orange it will be with the knowledge that no player will ever wear the number 81 again.

Deputy Mayor Kerry Jang presented Geroy with a special civic recognition on behalf of the City of Vancouver on Monday morning, proclaiming Friday, July 25, 2014 as Geroy Simon day in the city of Vancouver.

To help mark the occasion and celebrate the career of Geroy Simon the BC Lions are pleased to announce a number of initiatives:

Social Media

Geroy Simon touched the lives of thousands of fans across British Columbia and the club invites Lions faithful to tweet pictures taken with him over the past decade or their best Superman pose along with the hashtag #ThanksGeroy. In doing so they will make themselves eligible to win a limited edition autographed jersey. A gallery of photos and messages will be created on bclions.com later in the week.

Merchandise and commemorative items

A limited run of 200 autographed Geroy Simon jerseys will be made available for purchase at Friday’s game. Individually signed by Geroy, these commemorative keepsakes come with a certificate of authenticity to mark this historic occasion.

Fans attending Friday’s game can purchase a special edition Geroy Simon large beverage cup which has been designed by the Lions in conjunction with BC Place and Centerplate.

Upon exiting the stadium, all fans will receive a Geroy Simon Ring of Honour commemorative poster courtesy of game sponsor TELUS.

Thank you for your outstanding support as a BC Lions season ticket holder! We look forward to seeing you on Friday night and celebrating this great occasion with you!

• Upvote 1

Why doesn't Glenn run? I can distinctly remember one play in this game, and I've seen others in previous games, where it would have been better to run than get sacked or make a short/incomplete pass.

He's never been a runner. That's what makes Lulay such an asset at QB. The play doesn't automatically end when the pocket collapses.

Why doesn't Glenn run? I can distinctly remember one play in this game, and I've seen others in previous games, where it would have been better to run than get sacked or make a short/incomplete pass.

As a Bombers fan I can answer that.

He has moments of brilliance followed by moments of disaster....it's almost like he forgets how to play....

All the 'meaningful' games start once Labor Day comes round .. Lulay will be back and the "O-Line" had best be ready to boogie .. as an aside .. are these CFL officials in the same "Union" as the NHL boys? .. I swear they seem all too familiar.

Edited by Tearloch7
  • Upvote 1

Told you all Glenn sucks. He's washed up and crappy, panics, can't throw a deep ball. Like seriously when did you see Glenn throw a completed deep ball?

He's terrible, get injured and don't play again for christ sakes you suck Glenn.

Start Partridge, release Glenn.

Edited by Plum

He's never been a runner. That's what makes Lulay such an asset at QB. The play doesn't automatically end when the pocket collapses.

That doesn't mean he couldn't run. Regardless of what his tendencies are, if there's a wide open lane on a broken play, he should take it. The opposing D knowing that he'll always attempt a pass is far too predictable.

Told you all Glenn sucks. He's washed up and crappy, panics, can't throw a deep ball. Like seriously when did you see Glenn throw a completed deep ball?

He's terrible, get injured and don't play again for christ sakes you suck Glenn.

Start Partridge, release Glenn.

I wouldn't mind giving Partridge a shot before Lulay comes back but don't release Glenn. We gave up our 1st round draft pick for him and I'd have more confidence in Partridge-Glenn than Partridge-Beck.

Also, I chuckle whenever I realize that our current QB tandem is Glenn-Beck.

That doesn't mean he couldn't run. Regardless of what his tendencies are, if there's a wide open lane on a broken play, he should take it. The opposing D knowing that he'll always attempt a pass is far too predictable.

You should try hypnotizing him because I doubt he'll ever change that part of his game. I've watched every game and have only seen him run down the field once, maybe twice.

I definitely seems to be a last resort for him...

There was a second down play early in the game where he had scrambled out of the pocket and had an easy run for the first. Instead he threw a cross-body wobbler that E Jackson had to make a diving catch on. I was yelling "run!" and "WTF are you doing!" at my TV.