The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I dont mind this at all...the Jays can get to this guy.....but if gets lit up early they probably will pull him quick....Jimenez most likely.

Exactly, Baltimore fans aren't to happy about the choice don't blame them, but hopefully we get to him quickly. You have to think both pitchers will have short leashes, in a game like this.

Welp, here's goes nothing. If it was up to me I'd definitely start Liriano as it'd only be the logical move to make.

...Liriano dominated the O's and would be excellent as a lefty to neutralize those big bats. Jays need RHP bullpen help as well so I don't get why they wouldn't have Stroman there. Not to mention Baltimore has had the best of Stroman this year. Not to mention Martin+Francisco would be an excellent duo to start in a wild card game as evident by their history with the Pirates.  I'd definitely take my odds on that filthy slider + his LEFT HANDEDNESS!!!! I just don't get this...Stroman would be the last option to start this WC game. I'd even have Estrada and Happ over him, easily.

Man this seems like a recipe for disaster especially if the O's get to him early on. Stro's been average and confidence is a big thing for him. The way he's played lately, 1 game win or go home, frack me I just don't get this move. At least Jays will be facing Tillman so that kind of evens things out. Jays have had his number for a while. 

• Upvote 2

...if the Jays lose, definitely going to be a ton of backlash on management for their decision. If they win, it won't even be mentioned. Ballsy move to say at the very least. I don't get it but just gotta get behind the team at this point and hope they can pull it off.

Edited by TheRussianRocket.

4 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Welp, here's goes nothing. If it was up to me I'd definitely start Liriano as it'd only be the logical move to make.

...Liriano dominated the O's and would be excellent as a lefty to neutralize those big bats. Jays need RHP bullpen help as well so I don't get why they wouldn't have Stroman there. Not to mention Baltimore has had the best of Stroman this year. Not to mention Martin+Francisco would be an excellent duo to start in a wild card game as evident by their history with the Pirates.  I'd definitely take my odds on that filthy slider + his LEFT HANDEDNESS!!!! I just don't get this...Stroman would be the last option to start this WC game. I'd even have Estrada and Happ over him, easily.

Man this seems like a recipe for disaster especially if the O's get to him early on. Stro's been average and confidence is a big thing for him. The way he's played lately, 1 game win or go home, frack me I just don't get this move. At least Jays will be facing Tillman so that kind of evens things out. Jays have had his number for a while. 

Completely agree. Instead of riding the percentages it seems like a gut thing. You know Stroman is going to be amped up, he'll bring that intensity and that atmosphere you want to feel in the park, but is that more important than a vet that will be pitching to the O's achillles heel? It doesn't take much for the O's offense to explode, and if they get out to a three run lead, do the bats start to panic and swing for the fence every inning?

I would of chose Liriano. That said, Stroman lives fore these games and knows how to throw in the playoffs. I heard Liriano will be throwing in the pen at the start of the game in case it goes South.

Edited by Xbox

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Completely agree. Instead of riding the percentages it seems like a gut thing. You know Stroman is going to be amped up, he'll bring that intensity and that atmosphere you want to feel in the park, but is that more important than a vet that will be pitching to the O's achillles heel? It doesn't take much for the O's offense to explode, and if they get out to a three run lead, do the bats start to panic and swing for the fence every inning?

Doesn't add up but whatever, it is what it is. Mixed feelings heading into the game now. Strongly disagree with the decision but at the same time obviously gonna be rooting for the boys to win.

...just seems the decision to start Stroman gives the Jays the hardest odds at winning and advancing. I wouldn't do tha over any gut feeling, especially when you have Liriano there who'd be ready to ball out. I don't know what feelings to feel :frantic::frantic: 

9 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Doesn't add up but whatever, it is what it is. Mixed feelings heading into the game now. Strongly disagree with the decision but at the same time obviously gonna be rooting for the boys to win.'

...just seems the decision to start Stroman gives the Jays the hardest odds at winning and advancing. I wouldn't do tha over any gut feeling, especially when you have Liriano there who'd be ready to ball out. I don't know what feelings to feel :frantic::frantic: 

Stroman is built for this man, dont let it get to you. He's made to pitch in these games. Liriano will still play. Maybe they just want him finishing the game.

Edited by Xbox

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

We have a good shot of advancing with the home crowd behind us. Stroman loves pitching in clutch games just like this one. We have a much powerful lineup than they do. Good shot we advance to face our much hated rivals. Go Jays!

Uhh no we dont? Baltimore's offence is top tier as well... They aren't going down without a fight.

Edited by Xbox

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

We have a good shot of advancing with the home crowd behind us. Stroman loves pitching in clutch games just like this one. We have a much powerful lineup than they do. Good shot we advance to face our much hated rivals. Go Jays!

Last year we could destroy anyone at will. This year was a little different. We won't dominate Baltimore, but I'm confident we'll beat them. 

45 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Uhh no we dont? Baltimore's offence is top tier as well... They aren't going down without a fight.

If everyone was playing well and up to their potential we certainly are even at bat woith the Os...but lately...no....time to change that around.

• Upvote 1

Barry Bonds - hitting coach - let go by the Marlins after just 1 year.

In 2015 the Marlins had an OPS of .694 which was 26th best in the league. After the hiring, this year they became the 2nd best hitting team in the NL and fourth best in the majors (.263).

Comes as a bit of a shocker; odd to say the least. Bonds seemed to be quite glad in the clubhouse and players embraced him. He upped their offensive production across the board tremendously. Doesn't really add up. They missed the playoffs, were 3 games below .500, but in the span of one season they essentially shifted polar opposites in terms of offense going from the basement in the majors to 2nd best in the NL. Has to be more to this. If not (which seems like the case atm), I don't see why any team would be hesitant to pick him up seeing how he drastically he effected the Marlins ability to improve on offense.

3 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

I'm with you on that one, I just hope Stroman shows up and pitches a gem, I have a feeling she's gonna be a barn burner.