The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Who doesn't need a .094 hitter in their lineup?

Hopefully this trade can turn into a Bautista kinda deal.

This thought had crossed my mind too, perhaps they see a hole in his swing.  Or maybe Tellez is on the block, but I can't imagine the return for Tellez would be very consequential.  It can't be for lack of depth as the Jays have a list a mile long that can play 1B.  Perhaps he's the brother-in-law of someone in the organization?  I dunno.

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

This thought had crossed my mind too, perhaps they see a hole in his swing.  Or maybe Tellez is on the block, but I can't imagine the return for Tellez would be very consequential.  It can't be for lack of depth as the Jays have a list a mile long that can play 1B.  Perhaps he's the brother-in-law of someone in the organization?  I dunno.

I hope so.  He hit 30 bombs last season so he has the power, just need to be more consistent.

6 hours ago, BoKnows said:

I hope so.  He hit 30 bombs last season so he has the power, just need to be more consistent.

Sounds like he has a decent eye too, but still, I'm tired of these boom or bust type hitters.  The Jays are playing one of the best teams in the league right now in the Rays and almost every batter battles like there is no tomorrow.  When successful, that approach just wears a teams pitching down.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Rowdy hit 21HR last year, in 100 less at bats, and is 3 years younger. 

If this trade indicates the end of Rowdy........I’m going to be mighty pissed. He’s not a better defender than Tellez and he’s practically the same hitter. So, I’m not sure where he fits going forward.

7 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Rowdy hit 21HR last year, in 100 less at bats, and is 3 years younger. 

If this trade indicates the end of Rowdy........I’m going to be mighty pissed. He’s not a better defender than Tellez and he’s practically the same hitter. So, I’m not sure where he fits going forward.

The comments I've been reading from the Jays seem to indicate they just wanted another bat off the bench.  That he won't necessarily push Tellez out of a spot.  Even as a bench move, I don't love this as I'd like a little more versatility from a bench player.  Meh, guess it only cost money so I shouldn't lose sleep over it.

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The comments I've been reading from the Jays seem to indicate they just wanted another bat off the bench.  That he won't necessarily push Tellez out of a spot.  Even as a bench move, I don't love this as I'd like a little more versatility from a bench player.  Meh, guess it only cost money so I shouldn't lose sleep over it.

I hope that's it. It does make a bit of sense, as Dan and Buck were noting the other day how thin the Jays' bench was.

Could be a Matt Stairs situation.

On 8/27/2020 at 12:10 PM, Wilbur said:

Now this trade makes more sense.  Blue Jays need Major League starter innings and Taijuan Walker should be able to provide them.  Who knows who that player to be named later will be though.

He's getting the start tonight.  I really like this trade, helps solidify our rotation.

19 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Apparently Teoscar spent the pandemic shut down learning patience at the plate.  I like it.

He's been on fire recently.  If he keeps this up he'll be an all-star next season.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

So far so good for Walker in his first Blue Jay start.  5 scoreless innings and with a pitch count that should allow him to go at least one more.  Can't ask for much more.

He had a good outing, nothing too fancy, but if I had to nitpick at something. His command was subpar.

While he only walked 3 batters, there were a lot of 3-1, 3-0, counts for the Orioles. Luckily for the Jays, they couldn’t capitalize on his command issue. 

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Pads just got Clevinger from the Tribe....not sure if that means they're no longer in on Lynn

Probably, unless they want to sell the farm.  They're 3rd in the NL, I doubt they'll add him unless management is set on going all in.