The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Man, in a season when games are coming fast and furious it sure would be nice to have a laugher every now and then.  It's like the Jays can't play baseball unless the score is within a run or 2.

I think Buck said today, out of their 36 games (not including the double header today), 18 of them were 1 run games (11-7 recorder). 

You can add two more to those totals. 

9 hours ago, shiznak said:

I think Buck said today, out of their 36 games (not including the double header today), 18 of them were 1 run games (11-7 recorder). 

You can add two more to those totals. 

Just glanced at the Jays results and  30 of their 38 games have been 3 runs or closer.  That's a lot of high leverage pitching situations.

51 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Jays win 10-8....

The closer didn't know what to do with such a huge lead....

Well, it was an easy breezy 10-4 for, like, a half inning.  Wilmer Font made sure to make it close again.  And sweet baby jesus that was a long game.  Longest 9 inning game in Jays history apparently.  Rowdy Tellez is going to be sad to leave Boston, he was demolishing their pitching.

• Upvote 1

Question:

Although I generally support Montoyo, there have been several occasions this season where I thought he "over managed" and took his starter out too soon. (The dreaded "3rd time through the line up)

Now with the injuries to the starters, it looks like too much pressure has been put on the middle relievers during the season and now they're too gassed to be effective....

Thoughts?

21 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Question:

Although I generally support Montoyo, there have been several occasions this season where I thought he "over managed" and took his starter out too soon. (The dreaded "3rd time through the line up)

Now with the injuries to the starters, it looks like too much pressure has been put on the middle relievers during the season and now they're too gassed to be effective....

Thoughts?

I think Charlie’s decision to pull the starters out early is due to the starters not giving them any quality starts. It seems the starters, aside from Ryu, are always pitching themselves out of trouble. Thus, having high pitch counts within the first 4 innings. 

32 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I think Charlie’s decision to pull the starters out early is due to the starters not giving them any quality starts. It seems the starters, aside from Ryu, are always pitching themselves out of trouble. Thus, having high pitch counts within the first 4 innings. 

I agree for the most part. However, there have also been games earlier on, where the starters looked like they could go at least another inning, but CM pulled them anyway.