The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

15 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

watched the 1st three innings, it looked like BP for Texas.

15 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Roark was not impressive out there.

Hopefully, Pearson will be back soon and Montoya won't have to scrape the barrel for his 5th starter anymore. To put it in perspective, Roark's start was necessitated by injury and he will likely end up in the bullpen as middle, or long relief. Even if Pearson's return is delayed, CM sghould have Robbie Ray or Thomas Hatch as options for the 5th slot fairly soon.

What really matters is that Ryu does his thing today and the Jays come away with another series win on the road.

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Hopefully, Pearson will be back soon and Montoya won't have to scrape the barrel for his 5th starter anymore. To put it in perspective, Roark's start was necessitated by injury and he will likely end up in the bullpen as middle, or long relief. Even if Pearson's return is delayed, CM sghould have Robbie Ray or Thomas Hatch as options for the 5th slot fairly soon.

What really matters is that Ryu does his thing today and the Jays come away with another series win on the road.

I wish we would of resigned Taijuan Walker

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Could be a very high scoring game today

3-2 Toronto top of 2

Just saw the tail end of the first, but it looked like Stripling did okay, perhaps a victim of good hitting by Trout/Rendon.  In the 2nd he's not keeping the ball down.

Another WTH decision by Montoya.

Tied game in the 7th, Panik doubled with no outs. Clearly you need to move the runner with a bunt. Long and behold he let one the Jays worst contact hitters on the team, swing away. 

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

Gameback on, now bottom of 2nd 2 out 7-0 Jays

Vlad comes up bases loaded, gets it to 3-2 and takes the walk.

did I mention I really like this guy.?

Him, Merryweather, and Matz are the 3 that seem to have turned a corner and have a shot at maintaining it (I hope)

• Upvote 1