The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

On 5/4/2021 at 10:08 AM, Mj2345 said:

Downloaded MLB The Show 21 off Gamepass, so far so good...gonna see how I do with the Jays..

On 5/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, gmen81 said:

Definitely enjoying it.  

I kind of like it, I found pitching pretty easy, but hitting wow that's tougher imo. I find by the time I locate where pitch is going and go to swing I'm always late, the only way I'm not late is if I don't pick up the pitch and just guess where it's going and then swing, then my timing is good. Just seems like there's not enough time to locate the pitch and then time your swing unless it's right down the middle, definitely tougher then I originally thought, but I also haven't played a MLB game since MVP Baseball 2005 one of the best baseball games ever.

18 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I kind of like it, I found pitching pretty easy, but hitting wow that's tougher imo. I find by the time I locate where pitch is going and go to swing I'm always late, the only way I'm not late is if I don't pick up the pitch and just guess where it's going and then swing, then my timing is good. Just seems like there's not enough time to locate the pitch and then time your swing unless it's right down the middle, definitely tougher then I originally thought, but I also haven't played a MLB game since MVP Baseball 2005 one of the best baseball games ever.

Oh for sure.  I am completely guessing for most part when hitting.  Whenever I'm like don't swing at this pitch it's right down the middle, then when I say I'm gonna swing it's a slider or something way out of the zone and I look like a fool.  

I wanted to see what it was like increasing pitching difficulty and went to legend just to see what it was like....2 pitches 2 HR given up.  

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Oh for sure.  I am completely guessing for most part when hitting.  Whenever I'm like don't swing at this pitch it's right down the middle, then when I say I'm gonna swing it's a slider or something way out of the zone and I look like a fool.  

I wanted to see what it was like increasing pitching difficulty and went to legend just to see what it was like....2 pitches 2 HR given up.  

Yup having the same experience when batting and it's on freaking rookie :towel:.

Wow that's insane, games tough that's for sure. 

23 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Does Biggio get an RBI for walking when the bases are loaded?

Yep:

A batter is credited with an RBI in most cases where the result of his plate appearance is a run being scored. There are a few exceptions, however. A player does not receive an RBI when the run scores as a result of an error or ground into double play.

The most common examples of RBIs are run-scoring hits. However, players also receive an RBI for a bases-loaded walk or hit by pitch. Players can earn RBIs when they make outs, as well, provided the out results in a run or runs (except, as noted above, in the case of double plays).

Along with home runs and batting average, RBIs are a part of baseball's offensive Triple Crown.

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/standard-stats/runs-batted-in#:~:text=A batter is credited with,is a run being scored.&text=However%2C players also receive an,walk or hit by pitch.

• Thanks 2

I don’t know how you guys feel about Pearson, but I think they kind of rushed him into the big leagues. He needs a full year in the Buffalo. Let him dominate in Triple A, call him back up in September when you can expand the roster, and let him work out of the bullpen.

Edited by shiznak

Jays sweep Atlanta for the series and year.

closer was Romano, everytime he did one of his deep knee bends then pitch routine, Vlady was doing the same, behind Romano so he couldn't see.

I was waiting for all the fielders to start following suit.   lol.

Jays get hosed by an ump, top of 3rd, Philllie player's bat swing was a strike, should be out of the inning. Instead its a walk.

now 2 runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Nope, now bases loaded, after another walk that was a thrown strike.

• Vintage 1