The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

I guess this means Lourdes isn’t going anywhere soon, since he’s the only other options right now that can play first when Vladdy needs a day off.

Biggio can too.  Although with all the outfielders they have Gurriel is the more logical choice at the moment.

Seeing a lot of talk about the Jays possibly being in on Nelly Cruz.....NC is up there in age, but is still hitting over .300 with good power numbers and OBP...

One "insider" that I saw suggested the Jays might be shooting for a package of Cruz and lefty reliever Taylor Rogers, who has an ERA around 2.5 and a WHIP of just over 1.0 He also average a K per inning and strikes out over twice as many batters as he walks.

Depending on the price, I like this deal. The Jays don't really need another bat, but can you imagine how scary that lineup would be with Nelson Cruz in the middle? :o

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Seeing a lot of talk about the Jays possibly being in on Nelly Cruz.....NC is up there in age, but is still hitting over .300 with good power numbers and OBP...

One "insider" that I saw suggested the Jays might be shooting for a package of Cruz and lefty reliever Taylor Rogers, who has an ERA around 2.5 and a WHIP of just over 1.0 He also average a K per inning and strikes out over twice as many batters as he walks.

Depending on the price, I like this deal. The Jays don't really need another bat, but can you imagine how scary that lineup would be with Nelson Cruz in the middle? :o

Anytime you can make the lineup more deadly it's always interesting what if, but like you said they really don't need another bat they didn't need another bat in the off season when signing Springer imo, just pitching, pitching, pitching, that's all I want to see acquired going forward, but if it's a package like you're proposing and losing a weaker bat for that replacement as long as a pitcher is available sure.

Wow he's 41 and hitting .299 pretty impressive actually at his age.

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Anytime you can make the lineup more deadly it's always interesting what if, but like you said they really don't need another bat they didn't need another bat in the off season when signing Springer imo, just pitching, pitching, pitching, that's all I want to see acquired going forward, but if it's a package like you're proposing and losing a weaker bat for that replacement as long as a pitcher is available sure.

Wow he's 41 and hitting .299 pretty impressive actually at his age.

I think what the Twinkies would be after is prospects....

I'm not totally up on what the Jays' prospect situation is, but I recall reading an article by one of the Jays' beat writers (Shi Davidi, Ben Nicholson-Smith, not 100% sure) where they said the Jays can afford to move prospects.

I think the one guy that I wouldn't move if I were Shatkins, is catching prospect Gabriel Moreno. He's still in AA, but he's tearing it up and looks like the best prospect the team has produced at that position in ages....

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think what the Twinkies would be after is prospects....

I'm not totally up on what the Jays' prospect situation is, but I recall reading an article by one of the Jays' beat writers (Shi Davidi, Ben Nicholson-Smith, not 100% sure) where they said the Jays can afford to move prospects.

I think the one guy that I wouldn't move if I were Shatkins, is catching prospect Gabriel Moreno. He's still in AA, but he's tearing it up and looks like the best prospect the team has produced at that position in ages....

Yeah same here on prospects but did hear or see that same thing you have mentioned regarding them, this management props did help fill them by the sounds of it. 

This looks like a good place to start

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/bluejays

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah same here on prospects but did hear or see that same thing you have mentioned regarding them, this management props did help fill them by the sounds of it. 

This looks like a good place to start

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/bluejays

I was looking at that. (or a similar site) They seem to have an awful lot of infield prospects. Other than Martin and (maybe) Groshans, I'd consider moving one of them, as well as any catcher not named Moreno....

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I was looking at that. (or a similar site) They seem to have an awful lot of infield prospects. Other than Martin and (maybe) Groshans, I'd consider moving one of them, as well as any catcher not named Moreno....

I'd move Davis if they can, he isn't amounting to anything imo, and I really don't like Jansen, I want him gone, although their value isn't high, maybe throw them into a deal to get a little more.