The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

Rate this topic

Also, if I can be excused for getting a bit political.....great job by the City of Denver and Coors Filed. Very entertaining weekend. The logo cut into the outfield grass was very cool.....etc., etc....

To the people of Georgia: That could have been you, if not for Republicans in your state attempting to keep people of color from voting in future elections. Remember that in 2022....

Don't have the vid, but I loved the Hazel Mae interview with Teoscar Hernandez after the game last night....

Totally deadpan, Teo stood there and told Hazel that Vladdy won the MVP "because of me", explaining that it was him who scored on Vladdy's groundout in his third at bat and if not for the second RBI, he would not have won....

He carried it off up until close to the end of the interview, where he couldn't help but laugh...:lol:

Jays up 10-0

Vladdy with 2 homers, including an absolute monster; hitting the highway ouside of left feild.

Better news than that, Ryan Borucki is warming up for the 8th inning.

Edit.

I had the wrong Borucki.

Edited by gurn

Something I noticed from tonight's game against the Rangers...

Jays are putting the boots to Texas, up 10-0 in the bottom of the 7th. (You'll be seeing plenty of highlights of Vladdy's 2nd dinger tonight. Right out of the park) Robbie Ray goes out for the 7th, but leaves with 2 out and runners on 2nd and 3rd...

Adam Cimber comes in and walks the bases loaded....then he gets a slow ground ball that Bichette has to charge and then gun to first. Vladdy stretches as far as he can and the ump calls it the third out.....

Then the camera zooms in on Ray in the dugout, as the Rangers take a look at the replay to decide whether to challenge. When they decide not to, a  very animated Ray reacts with a yell and a fist pump....he obviously wanted to keep those two runs off his ERA and was pretty excited when Cimber, Bichette and Guererro made it happen.

Just now, Dan Schulman says that today's outing has dropped Ray's ERA below 3.00. Could be that RR knew that....

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, gurn said:

Jays up 10-0

Vladdy with 2 homers, including an absolute monster; hitting the highway ouside of left feild.

Better news than that, Brian Borucki is warming up for the 8th inning.

Even better news that that.....Ryan Borucki is pitching and just got a strikeout....:P

• Thanks 1

Vladdy All-Star game MVP: Hype

Huge win tonight: Hype

The Jays are coming home: HYPE

Feels good.

Was supposed to go to the Yankees @ Blue Jays on July 4th 2020 few rows above the Jays dugout before, then COVID hit.  Hoping to get tickets for a game similar to that soon!

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2