Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Jays have acquired reliever Brad Hand from the Nats, for catching prospect Riley Adams.

 

Very happy with this deal, as Hand can either close, or set up Romano to close. Adams wasn't the Jays' top catching prospect, so the cost is minimal.

 

I still think the team needs to add a back of the rotation starter. The performance by Matz yesterday (and lately) doesn't inspire confidence.

I'd like a very solid number 3 starter.  Ray and Ryu are good.  Manoah is good too, but not sure it's fair to count too much on him.  I've got no problem with Matz as a 4/5.  Stripling is best as a 6.  I just feel right now, if Ryu or Ray don't win their start the Jays are in for a long week.

 

Hand trade is fine too, but I fear it may be a case of too late.  I hope I'm wrong but I just don't like how this team plays against the good teams.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think it was possible to hate a team more than the Yankees, then the Dodgers come swooping in.

Edited by shiznak
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shiznak said:

I don’t think it was possible to hate a team more than the Yankees, then the Dodgers come swooping in.

The Dodgers are the west-coast version of the Yankees.

 

                                               regards,  G.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were a Jays fan, I'd want another arm (to go with Hand...), and a position player (for bat/glove) plucked from the NL, just to give a bit of a different look to opposing pitchers, and to allow for a few more options coming off the bench.

 

                                                              regards,  G.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, shiznak said:

I don’t think it was possible to hate a team more than the Yankees, then the Dodgers come swooping in.

If it makes you feel any better Shizzy, the Yanks have traded for both Joey Gallo and Anthony Rizzo.....

 

With that short porch in right at Yankee stadium, those two guys pretty much just have to make decent contact.

 

I was kind of hoping the Jays could sing a deal for Kyle Schwarber, as I think they need a left handed power bat, but the Red Sox have apparently traded a A Ball pitcher for him...<_<

 

The Jays' most pressing need was/is pitching, but everyone else in the AL East has dramatically improved their offense (with the exception of the Os)

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

If it makes you feel any better Shizzy, the Yanks have traded for both Joey Gallo and Anthony Rizzo.....

 

With that short porch in right at Yankee stadium, those two guys pretty much just have to make decent contact.

 

I was kind of hoping the Jays could sing a deal for Kyle Schwarber, as I think they need a left handed power bat, but the Red Sox have apparently traded a A Ball pitcher for him...<_<

 

The Jays' most pressing need was/is pitching, but everyone else in the AL East has dramatically improved their offense (with the exception of the Os)

I was hoping the Kris Bryant rumours would materialize.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is sooo cool. I’m new here. You guys even have a blue jays place to discuss!! 
   I think where the blue jays fail is pitching. We need a more solid 3-4 in the rotation and some better bullpen arms. Hopefully hand helps lol a helping Hand. But we need better arms in there. Our slugging and our hitting in my opinion is good, our defence is good. But we need better pitching and possibly a better manager. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

This is sooo cool. I’m new here. You guys even have a blue jays place to discuss!! 
   I think where the blue jays fail is pitching. We need a more solid 3-4 in the rotation and some better bullpen arms. Hopefully hand helps lol a helping Hand. But we need better arms in there. Our slugging and our hitting in my opinion is good, our defence is good. But we need better pitching and possibly a better manager. 

I agree, pitching is our biggest hole.  Was hoping that we would of signed Bauer but it's starting to sound like we dodged a bullet there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

I agree, pitching is our biggest hole.  Was hoping that we would of signed Bauer but it's starting to sound like we dodged a bullet there.

Yes I’m glad we did. Although a couple years back I would have loved to have him. He was intense and hated the Astros for cheating and wasn’t shy about it. Looking at his sideshow though, I’d agree that we dodged a bullet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

possibly a better manager. 

People closer to the team would know if Charlie makes up for his in game errors, through his out of game prep and training; but I do wonder if they would be better with a new boss.

The recent batting order change looked ok till the part where Vladdy and Bo got split up, like why?

Edit

 Sure put Springer in lead off, was supposed to be his job to start the year so no problem.  Vlad as 2, ok, but Bo as 4th. why?

 

Edited by gurn
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wtf we traded last year’s 1st round pick in Martin and Woods Richardson for Berrios. I really loved Martin’s upside and was so happy when we drafted him and slipped into our lap last season. I’m mind boggled with this move but at the same time, if this move helps our starting rotation and playoff push, then I’m all for it. We seem set at SS and 2B with Bichette and Semien. We’re looking like solid team that’s ready to make some noise if we reach the playoffs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

Wtf we traded last year’s 1st round pick in Martin and Woods Richardson for Berrios. I really loved Martin’s upside and was so happy when we drafted him and slipped into our lap last season. I’m mind boggled with this move but at the same time, if this move helps our starting rotation and playoff push, then I’m all for it. We seem set at SS and 2B with Bichette and Semien. We’re looking like solid team that’s ready to make some noise if we reach the playoffs

I'm shocked we traded Austin Martin.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

 

Berriors to Toronto.  Wow!

 

Steep price with Martin but if Berrios is the guy we needed I’m ok with it. Also helps still having Groshans and Martinez. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pears said:

Steep price with Martin but if Berrios is the guy we needed I’m ok with it. Also helps still having Groshans and Martinez. 

Yup time will tell if this trade will be worth it.  I feel better knowing that he's not a UFA after this season.

Edited by BoKnows
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm okay with this price.  This is exactly the type of guy they need with their current young core.  By all accounts, there are a few quality arms in the system but by the time they mature, our current core could be a already past its peak.  I'm not sure on the specifics, but at 27, he must have a few years of team control left.

 

Price may be high (but not stupid high), but this is EXACTLY what this team needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...