The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I listened to the game in the radio.  Springer sure got things going fast.  Great start by (is it?) Minoa?  

I didn't watch the game yet probably go watch highlights soon, but just looked and it was 4-0 shutout nice, and yeah looks like Manoah pitched.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I didn't watch the game yet probably go watch highlights soon, but just looked and it was 4-0 shutout nice, and yeah looks like Manoah pitched.

Thanks!  Manoah pitched 7 and I think only gave up two hits.  Springer has to homers.  The bull pen was great, even if only two innings.  

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I agree. Adding Hand was good along with Berrios, Soria as well. It’s always great to be back home and the crowd is always electric. Hoping the Raptors can return back home too also

Raptors will be back, I saw on Twitter that Scottie Barnes is already arrived in Toronto, he was excited to visit Canada for first time

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

Raptors will be back, I saw on Twitter that Scottie Barnes is already arrived in Toronto, he was excited to visit Canada for first time

Saw an interview with him and he's a very personable kid. Looks genuinely happy to be in T.O., but isn't overawed by the experience. Displays a lot of confidence in his abilities, without sounding cocky about it.

The kid could be a real gem.....I just hope the Raps don't end up regretting passing on Suggs....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

As far as the Jays go, I like what the they did at the trade deadline. I'm just slightly disappointed that they weren't able to land a left handed power bat.

I'd like it better, had they done the trades about 1-2 weeks sooner.

Still 61 games to go, so I think they can get into the play offs, but that week or so could make a difference.

• Upvote 1

Berrios he looked decent, I was expecting his fastball to be around the 97-98 range but seemed like it was 94-95 decent but I expected or thought it was harder thrown but I guess not. As mentioned above his curveball is dirty, although I'd like to see him pitch that pitch a little lower it did seem to hang up in the middle of the zone a few times, luckily it's so dirty it's harder to hit, but once teams get the scouting report they will eventually sit back and wait on it if it's going to continue hang in the middle of the zone, but overall good outing for his first one as a Jay, and a big win good to see.

Cool story out of Chicago....

With the Cubbies trading pretty much everybody away at the deadline, they had give playing time to players who might not normally be starting for an MLB club. One guy pressed into a starting role is a 30 year old journeyman named Raphael Ortega. Ortega has played for 4 MLB teams and over the course of 447 career at bats had hit a total of 4 HRs...

He just hit his 4th HR in the past two days playing on the North Side:

https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2021/8/1/22604879/cubs-nationals-recap-rafael-ortega-adbert-alzolay-mlb-scores

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

With the Cubbies trading pretty much everybody away at the deadline, they had give playing time to players who might not normally be starting for an MLB club. One guy pressed into a starting role is a 30 year old journeyman named Raphael Ortega. Ortega has played for 4 MLB teams and over the course of 447 career at bats had hit a total of 4 HRs...

https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2021/8/1/22604879/cubs-nationals-recap-rafael-ortega-adbert-alzolay-mlb-scores

:lol:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Gotta love stories like that, similar to Dirk Hayhurst. Truly for the love of the game. 

• Thanks 1

I found this thing on youtube yesterday it was so cool, from back in 1959 it was a weekly Home Run Derby show they had with certain players from almost every team, 2 hitters, 9 innings, 3 outs an inning, and who can hit the most home runs winner moves on for the following week matchup. Check out the first episode Mickey Mantle vs Willie Mays.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1