The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Just now, Mj2345 said:

Blue Jays with a huge W 9-8 next up Anaheim 

I hate everything about Toronto (Especially the LOSER LEAFS) but I like the Jays.  Cheered for them since the ‘snow game’.  

Listen to pretty much every game on the radio.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I hate everything about Toronto (Especially the LOSER LEAFS) but I like the Jays.  Cheered for them since the ‘snow game’.  

Listen to pretty much every game on the radio.  

Me too other than the Blue Jays I don’t like any Toronto Teams, not even the Raptors(I’m a Lakers fan since the mid 90’s)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Anaheim double header on Tuesday, but why are the Jays designated as the home team for game 1 but the games in California? I’m guessing a game in Dunedin or Buffalo got postponed and they decided to play it in Anaheim out of convenience or sonething

21 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

Me too other than the Blue Jays I don’t like any Toronto Teams, not even the Raptors(I’m a Lakers fan since the mid 90’s)

Yup.  Hate the Raptors and their soccer team too.  Jays seem to always have likeable players. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mj2345 said:

....I kinda enjoyed the Argos knocking off the Stampeders last night....but that's just me....B)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, gurn said:

Jays have the day off, anything else worth watching today?

White Sox at Twins is on TSN at 5PM Pacific, that’s about it other than NBA Summer Lesgue on all day but even I’m not really watching that

• Thanks 1

Anyone catch the story about the fan in Colorado (supposedly) yelling out the word "Dinger!" in a game against the Marlins on Sunday?

Dinger is the name of the Rockies mascot and what the fan says he was yelling out. Marlins outfielder Lewis Brinson, who is black heard it differently:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/news/lewis-brinson-says-he-still-hears-racial-slur-in-rockies-fan-video-it-sounds-a-lot-like-the-n-word/ar-AAN9CzD?li=AAggNb9

Lewis Brinson only hears the N-word from the Rockies fan.

The Marlins outfielder was involved in a controversial moment on Sunday, when he was at-bat on during the Marlins matchup vs. the Rockies; a fan in the stands behind home plate appeared to have shouted the N-word twice, with the epithet caught by on-field microphones.

As it turns out, the fan was instead yelling for Colorado's mascot "Dinger," trying to get its attention for a photograph with his family, according to the Rockies. Still, upon watching the video, Brinson thinks he hears the racial slur.

"All I know is that, in my opinion, it sounds a lot like the N-word. But I’m not that fan," Brinson said Monday, via USA Today. "I don’t know what he said. I only have the video and the video sounds like the N-word to me. But, if he didn’t, and didn’t initially mean for him to make it sound like that. I’m sorry for all the backlash coming."

Brinson said that, as a Black baseball player, he draws the ire of racists on social media fairly frequently, with nameless, faceless accounts tweeting him with the disgusting word.

"I personally keep hearing the N-word. It’s not that I want to hear it. I never want to hear that word," Brinson said. "Personally, I’ve never been called that, in person, to my face, on the baseball field, or outside the baseball field, ever, so I don’t know what my reaction would be if I got called that.

"I haven’t talked to the Rockies, I haven’t talked to that fan personally — but if that’s the case, I’m sorry for any backlash or anything that he’s getting right now."

Brinson and others on the field at the time had not heard any offensive or racial slurs.

Pr4obably just a misunderstanding....

That being said, it's a good thing the mascot isn't named "Rock Chucker".....

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Anyone catch the story about the fan in Colorado (supposedly) yelling out the word "Dinger!" in a game against the Marlins on Sunday?

Dinger is the name of the Rockies mascot and what the fan says he was yelling out. Marlins outfielder Lewis Brinson, who is black heard it differently:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/news/lewis-brinson-says-he-still-hears-racial-slur-in-rockies-fan-video-it-sounds-a-lot-like-the-n-word/ar-AAN9CzD?li=AAggNb9

Pr4obably just a misunderstanding....

That being said, it's a good thing the mascot isn't named "Rock Chucker".....

I saw this yesterday and definitely heard Dinger the first time I watched but a little less clear the second time. The way he is gesturing though I tend to believe the Dinger or Dingler (whichever) version.