The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

This is rough as this series was a must win. Springer is hurt again while he was just starting to get his feet wet and everything was going well. Everything needs to be perfect from here on out if they’re to make the playoffs.

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scary moment in the White Sox - A's game last night as A's pitcher Chris Bassitt was hit in the face by a Brian Goodwin line drive:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/athletics-bassitt-carted-off-field-getting-hit-head-comebacker/

I read a blurb on the Sporting News this morning that said Bassitt has a broken cheekbone and upper jaw that will require surgery, but luckily, there was no damage to the eye.

26 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Scary moment in the White Sox - A's game last night as A's pitcher Chris Bassitt was hit in the face by a Brian Goodwin line drive:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/athletics-bassitt-carted-off-field-getting-hit-head-comebacker/

I read a blurb on the Sporting News this morning that said Bassitt has a broken cheekbone and upper jaw that will require surgery, but luckily, there was no damage to the eye.

All that money tied up in MLB pitchers, and yet no face protection required.?

Archaic.

5 hours ago, gurn said:

Bottom of 9th man on first and second. Nobody out, Kirk at bat; but Charlie pulls Kirk and puts in Vellara to bunt. Detriot fields the ball and throw out Hernandez at third. :(

I thought it was the right call to put the bunt on, BUT being a switch hitter, Valera should be bunting on the left side. So he can lay a bunt down to the third base side. It’s much more hard for the third basemen to pick up the ball, turn around, and throw a strike to third than to do what Schoop did.

Edited by shiznak

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

I thought it was the right call to put the bunt on, BUT being a switch hitter, Valera should be bunting on the left side. So he can lay a bunt down to the third base side. It’s much more hard for the third basemen to pick up the ball, turn around, and throw a strike to third than to do what Schoop did.

TBH, after the first two attempts, I was surprised that he was able to get it down at all. Gotta give Miggy credit on that play. If he doesn't do everything right, Teo is safe....

I guess you never say never, but I'm thinking the Jays might be done. There's a fundamental flaw with this team....something happens from the 7th inning on with the hitters and it's just baffling. Over the past few weeks the team's RISP average is brutal and it wasn't much better prior to that.

The bullpen gets all the bad press for the late inning collapses, but IMO, the hitters deserve just as much blame.

There are too many team ahead of the Jays right now and I just can't see them catching all of them, when they only play six innings a night...

• Upvote 1