The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

12 hours ago, shiznak said:

I have a feeling Boston is letting the Yankees win,  because they rather face the Yankees than the Jays in a wild card game.

Boston’s last two series are against the Orioles and Nationals. Two “easy” series. 

What worries me a bit more that that is the fact that the Rays have clinched and knowing what I do about them, I could see them fielding the "B" team in the final series against the Yanks.

The fact that there's now bad blood between the teams just reinforces that worry....

• Upvote 1

BTW: It was nice to see the Jays get back in the win column last night, but the W overshadowed a couple of brutal baserunning mistakes.

First, Grichuk, tries to stretch a double into a triple and makes the third out at 3rd base.....and then a couple innings later, George Springer is still standing on 3rd after Vladdy hits into a double play. :picard:

I'm not sure if that's on Springer or Luis Rivera, but both blunders are absolutely inexcusable in the midst of a Wild Card race....

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

BTW: It was nice to see the Jays get back in the win column last night, but the W overshadowed a couple of brutal baserunning mistakes.

First, Grichuk, tries to stretch a double into a triple and makes the third out at 3rd base.....and then a couple innings later, George Springer is still standing on 3rd after Vladdy hits into a double play. :picard:

I'm not sure if that's on Springer or Luis Rivera, but both blunders are absolutely inexcusable in the midst of a Wild Card race....

Those are the mistakes that should not happen after the midway part of the season. Throwing the ball 3 feet over the first baseman's head will happen through out the year, but you better not be throwing the ball to first, when the runner is heading for second.

tldr- mechanical errors happen

thinking errors shouldn't.

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, shiznak said:

I have a feeling Boston is letting the Yankees win,  because they rather face the Yankees than the Jays in a wild card game.

Boston’s last two series are against the Orioles and Nationals. Two “easy” series. 

More evidence of this in tonight's game....

In the 7th, the Yankees have runners on 2nd and 3rd with Aaron Judge at bat....Adam Ottavino strikes Judge out....except that it was a foul tip that Christian Vazquez drops....Judge gets another chance and takes advantage, hitting a 2 run double....

But the Vazquez drop was obviously on the transfer. Zero doubt about it, but some some reason, the Red Sox don't challenge....<_<

Not a good time for Vladdy Jr. to be struggling right now.

Still a game back of the Red Sox, but the Mariners are now ahead of us with a half of a game. 

Tomorrow is not going to get any better with Cole on the mound.

Edited by shiznak

Yeah, the bats picked a bad time to go cold.....even the 2 wins against the Twinkies were underwhelming.

As much as I hate to do it, I have to give the Yankee hitters a lot of credit. the bloop single by Rizzo came off of a good pitch and the Stanton homer came off a pitch that was far enough inside that it should have tied up most hitters...

It looks pretty dismal now.....Gerrit Cole starting tonight and the Jays in a must-win.....