The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

On 9/30/2021 at 11:56 PM, shiznak said:

Man, it’s pretty discouraging that the Jays have two MVP candidates, a possible Cy Young winner, 6 players with 20+ HRs, 4 players with 25+ HRs with 100+ RBIs, a run differential of +100, and in the end, still could miss the playoffs. 

I really wish baseball had more teams in the playoffs, i hate seeing 60% of the league out of the race by the all star break

• Cheers 1

I was taking a look, at predictions and candidates for  rookie of the year; it seems Manoah has a shot at a top 3 finish.

not including today;

19 starts

117 strike outs

104.2 innings

2.5 WAR

8 wins 2 loses

1.0pp WHIP

3.35 ERA

Here while the four-way AL Wild Card tie is still possible. Found a Reddit post that lays it out nicely if that somehow happens:

FOUR-WAY TIE FOR TWO WILD CARD SPOTS

Example: Yankees go 0-2; Red Sox go 1-1, Mariners go 2-0, Blue Jays go 2-0

What happens next: The above scenario is the only possible four-way tie, and it means all four teams finish with 91 wins (which is the win ceiling for Toronto and Seattle).

Each team would choose or receive an A, B, C or D designation. The club with the highest winning percentage in games among the tied clubs chooses first, second-highest chooses second, etc. In this scenario, the Red Sox (24-21 against the others) get first choice, the Blue Jays (22-22) choose second, the Yankees (22-23) choose third and the Mariners (9-11) get the leftover spot.

On Monday, Club A (likely the Red Sox) would host Club B, and Club C (likely the Blue Jays) would host Club D. So for the Yankees, it would come down to a choice of traveling to either Boston or Toronto. The winners of those two games on Monday would face each other Tuesday in the AL Wild Card Game.

More reading about all the tiebreak scenarios here: https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2021-mlb-playoffs-every-tiebreaker-scenario-explained-as-al-wild-card-nl-west-races-go-down-to-the-wire/

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boston has Sale starting tomorrow. Don’t think they’ll be losing.

Yankees announced Tallion as their starter. He’s been up and down, this season, but with the Rays resting a lot of their starters (most likely). I probably give the Yankees the edge in winning.

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

Boston has Sale starting tomorrow. Don’t think they’ll be losing.

Yankees announced Tallion as their starter. He’s been up and down, this season, but with the Rays resting a lot of their starters (most likely). I probably give the Yankees the edge in winning.

Not a baseball fan as i find the pay to win style along with some loaded divisions ( big market ), And some divisions are trash with 1 big market, Not to mention this horrible 160 or whatever games and next to nobody makes the playoffs. But when i read " rest the starters " i just laugh. These guys don't do enough to require rest... other than a pitcher i guess?

I will say i am interested in the outcome of todays games for the american league. Neat ending to the year

To you Jays fans, best wishes for today's game.

regards,  G.

PS - LA ownership, team management and coaching staff, the players and fans are a bunch of a$$holes.... but, credit where credit is due, they are a bunch of a$$holes.

regards,  G.

• Upvote 1

Jays win, and either of Boston or Yankees lose; Jays get to play a tie breaker.

Way too involved figuring the rest out; just win and wait to see if one of the others lose.

Note-ALL games have the same start time, so you can't decided to rest your ace, as nobody knows whose in, till the games  are decided.

Additional Note- game time 12 pm Pacific.

10 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Bases juiced for the Nats in the bottom of the 3rd....

Sale can't find the strikezone and just walked a run in. Bases remain loaded.

Good news: Sale is out of the game

Bad news: The next guy hit into a DP and the Nats only got one run

Now Devers has gone yard and it's 2-1.....

• Sad 1