The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

34 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

At least the Jays are the only AL East team who hasn't been given the pleasure of feasting on the Orioles. 

That's true. However, the lack of hitting needs to come around soon. The pitching can't be expected to maintain this pace......

32 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I was looking at the standings, and man, the AL Central is a dogs breakfast.

It actually looks upside down right now.

Before the season started, the White Sox were supposed to be contenders and the Tigers were supposed to be much improved.

That isn't to say that it still can't happen, but they have to be very disappointed with their start. Same with the Rangers in the West.

22 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It actually looks upside down right now.

Before the season started, the White Sox were supposed to be contenders and the Tigers were supposed to be much improved.

That isn't to say that it still can't happen, but they have to be very disappointed with their start. Same with the Rangers in the West.

yeah, I was a little surprised by the Rangers too.  Must be killing Semien right now.  Ah well, that's the risk when you chase the biggest contract.  Granted the consolation prize of dump trucks upon dump trucks of money is one most would take.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

I see five pitchers for the New York Mets threw a no-hitter today.

It's funny - whenever I think of a no-hitter I always think of one pitcher going nine innings.  But a group can do it, too.  Who knew?  (Probably a lot of people but it was new to me.)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

George Springer was great Today hit 2 HR in a 2-1 Win over Astros

Which would concern me, were I a Jays fan. What happened to the rest of the bats? Two other guys each had two hits, which resulted in no runs.

The Jays kinda' remind me of the Giants. Whether it's because of injuries, or just an existential funk, one or more of the basics of baseball falls apart for a team (starting pitching, relief pitching, hitting and fielding). Some games, either of these teams look like world beaters, or, they are starting the game down 5 runs while the bases are still loaded. The next game, they look like something that dropped out of a tall cow's butt.

At least it's a good sign that the Jays are able to win close ones (like today).

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

Which would concern me, were I a Jays fan. What happened to the rest of the bats? Two other guys each had two hits, which resulted in no runs.

The Jays kinda' remind me of the Giants. Whether it's because of injuries, or just an existential funk, one or more of the basics of baseball falls apart for a team (starting pitching, relief pitching, hitting and fielding). Some games, either of these teams look like world beaters, or, they are starting the game down 5 runs while the bases are still loaded. The next game, they look like something that dropped out of a tall cow's butt.

At least it's a good sign that the Jays are able to win close ones (like today).

regards,  G.

The Jays' offense has been super hot and cold lately, which IMO underscores the importance of Teoscar. Besides being an excellent hitter himself, he provides lineup protection for Vlad. Without him, teams aren't pitching to Guerrero, so the best he can usually do is chop away for singles. Doesn't help that Vlad's also been getting squeezed on some borderline pitches lately.

That being said, they've managed to grind out wins with several of their starters missing time due to injury and rest, so you hope that they'll get going soon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2