The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

4 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

The Jays' offense has been super hot and cold lately, which IMO underscores the importance of Teoscar. Besides being an excellent hitter himself, he provides lineup protection for Vlad. Without him, teams aren't pitching to Guerrero, so the best he can usually do is chop away for singles. Doesn't help that Vlad's also been getting squeezed on some borderline pitches lately.

That being said, they've managed to grind out wins with several of their starters missing time due to injury and rest, so you hope that they'll get going soon.

Yup, get healthy and have a good May.

regards,  G.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

NYY 3 Game Series Starting Tomorrow…Yankees come in on a 9 Game Win Streak..

Both teams have great bats.  Like usually between two good clubs, it will come down to pitching.  

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The good news is.....we don't face Gerrit Cole this series....

The bad news is....the Yankees don't face Kevin Gausman this series....(or Jose Berrios)

Cole aint that scary and hasn't been so this season. 

I have more trepidation about Cortez the Killer than Cole.

21 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

The Jays' offense has been super hot and cold lately, which IMO underscores the importance of Teoscar. Besides being an excellent hitter himself, he provides lineup protection for Vlad. Without him, teams aren't pitching to Guerrero, so the best he can usually do is chop away for singles. Doesn't help that Vlad's also been getting squeezed on some borderline pitches lately.

That being said, they've managed to grind out wins with several of their starters missing time due to injury and rest, so you hope that they'll get going soon.

I'm convinced that the Jays are in a slump right now but that they are so solid they will continue to win games despite it.

30 minutes ago, :D said:

Cole aint that scary and hasn't been so this season. 

I have more trepidation about Cortez the Killer than Cole.

Well, he still scares me....

....but I agree.....Cortes looks like a Cy Young candidate right now. To make it worse, it looks like he'll get game 3 against Kikuchi, which prettty much makes it a guaranteed win for the Evil Empire.

Really need Stripling to step up against Jordan Montgomery (who's also off to a good start) tonight....

2 minutes ago, Mj2345 said:

Blue Jays Lose a close one falling 3-2 to NYY who are now on a 10 game Winning Streak

Good pitching will always beat good hitting.  Jays need better pitching to compete with the top teams.  Great bats, but bats will lose to good pitching. M

• Upvote 1

Best part of yesterday's game, and a moment that made me temporarily forget all the bad stuff going on right now:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/heartwarming-gesture-blue-jays-fan-gives-home-run-ball-to-young-yankees-diehard/ar-AAWTDym?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=f389446ac0e042f9aee6716d04c257a9

It was a heartwarming moment on an otherwise forgettable night at the Rogers Centre.

Aaron Judge of the New York Yankees had just deposited a solo shot some 427 feet from home plate, over the left-field wall and into the 200 Level, putting the visitors even at 1-1 with the Blue Jays in the top of sixth.

The baseball was originally retrieved by a man in the first row wearing a Jays polo shirt. However, after a quick celebration, the man spotted a youngster behind him wearing a T-shirt with Judge’s No. 99 on the back and a Yankees cap.

• Upvote 1

As the Jays bats continue to struggle, it is a bit annoying to see this:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/other/tellez-sets-brewers-record-with-8-rbis-in-18-4-rout-of-reds/ar-AAWVHjw?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=679949a6efa7494995d931460d4cf9c0

Tellez homered twice and set a Milwaukee Brewers record with eight RBIs to extend his recent power surge in an 18-4 blowout of the reeling Reds on Wednesday night. He has homered four times in his last four games to increase his season total to seven.

however, I'm happy for Tellez, seems to be a good guy.

40 minutes ago, gurn said:

As the Jays bats continue to struggle, it is a bit annoying to see this:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/other/tellez-sets-brewers-record-with-8-rbis-in-18-4-rout-of-reds/ar-AAWVHjw?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=679949a6efa7494995d931460d4cf9c0

Tellez homered twice and set a Milwaukee Brewers record with eight RBIs to extend his recent power surge in an 18-4 blowout of the reeling Reds on Wednesday night. He has homered four times in his last four games to increase his season total to seven.

however, I'm happy for Tellez, seems to be a good guy.

It was going to happen one way or another....with Chapman in the fold, 1st base is the only place for Vladdy. There was simply no spot on the roster for Rowdy. (Although I do admit, he'd look pretty good in the DH spot right now)

• Upvote 2