The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

I'm curious to why Aaron Sanchez didn't make it out of camp or hasn't been called up yet? He had pretty solid numbers in spring training and is dominating in double A.

Because he had never pitched above A ball this spring.

With young pitchers it's good to try and get them 400-450 innings in the minors before the call. They'll be patient with him but might give him a look down the stretch if they need a starter.

Because he had never pitched above A ball this spring.

With young pitchers it's good to try and get them 400-450 innings in the minors before the call. They'll be patient with him but might give him a look down the stretch if they need a starter.

Well, there are some cases, most recently Jose Fernandez, who never had A league experience, that do well in the majors, because of their spring training performance. Zack Grienke and Matt Cain, also come into mind.

I do agree, that generally you should be patient with these kids, but we all knew going into spring training that the rotation was the weak point of the team. So why not give him the opportunity to prove himself at the big leagues? Worst case, he gets lit up in his first start and you sent him down.

If this line-up, when 'healthy', ever gets on the same page, then double digit runs may be commonplace .. just need a 3-4 starter to step up, or come via trade.

Sox and Yankees .. so easy to dislike .. that look on Farrell's face this week, when he was having to pull reliever after reliever, was a sweet thing to watch .. and then the Yankees get 'walked off' last night by the good 'Sox' .. the 'white' ones.

I know it is early but it is a great time for a Jays fan

The team DFAed Esmil Rogers, and at this point I can't say I have much of a problem with it.

I liked Rasmus' play a lot last year, but if we could sacrifice someone like him to help stabilize the rotation, I'm with you guys, because Buehrle and Hutchinson need some help out there.

This is where the team's inability to bring in a single starter during the offseason is really hurting them.

The team DFAed Esmil Rogers, and at this point I can't say I have much of a problem with it.

I liked Rasmus' play a lot last year, but if we could sacrifice someone like him to help stabilize the rotation, I'm with you guys, because Buehrle and Hutchinson need some help out there.

This is where the team's inability to bring in a single starter during the offseason is really hurting them.

I am liking what I am seeing this year alot,,I am a huge Rasmus fan and think he hasnt hit his potential yet,,but you are right,,he may be a chip in getting a quality starter such as Jeff Samardzija from the Cubs..Gose seems to be hitting stride which is a bonus ..what they give up with Rasmus and power,,they get back with Gose in speed and good small ball hustle.

Hate to Rasmus go though,but wont miss his strikeouts.

Edited by ShakyWalton

Wow. Another win. Our beards are pretty hot right now. The speed of Gose and Reyes bring a whole new dynamic to this team. Even with Bautista and Edwin having quiet days at the plate today, the jays still threw up a five spot. Just goes to show the strength and balance of the lineup, especially against right handed pitchers.

Wow. Another win. Our beards are pretty hot right now. The speed of Gose and Reyes bring a whole new dynamic to this team. Even with Bautista and Edwin having quiet days at the plate today, the jays still threw up a five spot. Just goes to show the strength and balance of the lineup, especially against right handed pitchers.

Yeah found it really impressive that the Jays manufacturered runs with their speed.