The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

Stroman not having a good game. 

Not true he was having a good game, had a bad 5th because Boston has picked up what Stroman is pitching, as a Manager you need to realize that and be ready to make a move soon, Gibbons obviously not seeing that and wasn't ready to make the move, bad managing.

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

What did I just say, I new it was going to happen. Can't believe no one was warming up either, this is why I don't like Gibbons he makes mental mistakes like these.

Leave him in till the game is totally out of reach with the way the Jays are playing...here comes Chavez...should be about 13-3 before this is over.

Like I understand the bullpen is garbage and you want your starters going as long as they can, but as a manager you just need to see the little things and Gibbons lacks this. This game could easily still be 5-3 if Stroman was pulled after the first hit in the 6th, because Boston had caught up to everything he was throwing it was freaking obvious in the 5th. Jezz now it could of been 5-4, the coach put this team in the hole they're in.

Also state Gibbons pulls starters when other teams haven't all caught up to their stuff yet, but the Jays are winning and Gibbons gets scared and thinks the other team has caught up to it when they haven't. What happens, the bullpen gets lite up because now the other team has a better chance at a pitcher who before were struggling against, and then the Jay's lose the lead. Gibbons just fails at realizing what's really going on in the game most of the time.

Another strikeout for Saunders...I like him  but thats all he does lately...he has picked up where Martin left off..I bet Carrera is in tomorrow and Saunders on the bench...

Buck and Pat are such homers...they never call it like it is about the team..everything with them has to have a positive spin..must be paid by Rogers.

12 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Another strikeout for Saunders...I like him  but thats all he does lately...he has picked up where Martin left off..I bet Carrera is in tomorrow and Saunders on the bench...

Buck and Pat are such homers...they never call it like it is about the team..everything with them has to have a positive spin..must be paid by Rogers.

This is why I like Zaun so much, he tells it like it is because he knows what's right. Been wanting Zaun as the coach for years, guy is smart whether you like him or not, he knows the game.

Saunders is just in a slump all players go through it, I like Saunders a lot because he does have such a great bat, but like all great hitters they have their slumps. Giving him a day off especially against Price might be a good decision, but still hard since he has had success against lefties this year. But yeah give him the day off tomorrow, and depending on how the game goes, if a pinch hit chance is available late in the game, could be good for breaking the slump, maybe even hero ability..... Trying to predict it :)

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

12 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

This is why I like Zaun so much, he tells it like it is because he knows what's right. Been wanting Zaun as the coach for years, guy is smart whether you like him or not, he knows the game.

Nah, I donno about hiring him as a manager or coach. Maybe in a minor league role first, sure. I do like Zaun though.

side note- love the stirrups on stroman 

Edited by Wild Sean Monahan

10 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Nah, I donno about hiring him as a manager or coach. Maybe in a minor league role first, sure.

side note- love the stirrups on stroman 

The only thing I disagreed with Zaun last year is when he said he thought Trout was MVP over Donaldson, because it's Trout. I literally called him out on Twitter about his decision, no joke within a couple days he changed his approach about it and said he made a mistake. But everything he says is true and are the right decisions, those are the decisions you want your manager making. This is why I believe he would succeed at the role, and he knows this team and what all the players are capable of doing, from watching them all the time.