The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Does Goins have any options left?  Probably could get something for him in a trade.  If he doesn't have options there is absolutely no way he clears waivers.

Edit:  Just looked it up and yes, he does have 1 option remaining.

I'd say he would be he odd man out...for now.  Injuries I'm sure will pop up again, so it wouldn't be for good.

plus he is working on a 1 year contract.

27 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

What's even more shocking is he beat Price :lol:

Price is not really pitching well yet this season.  His era is over 5.  He's winning because the Red Sox are putting up big run totals. 

58 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

What's even more shocking is he beat Price :lol:

Ha!  No way. That's awesome. I wish I had watched it now.  I've had to displace myself from this team for a bit to avoid putting myself in the crazy house.  Only caught a few innings here and there. Maybe an anger management class would help me.  Price ain't too sharp in the playoffs so maybe in the long run, Happ proves to be the better choice.  Feels weird to say that but let's see where we are in September. 

12 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

MLB draft in 6 days! Anybody got any favourites to go around the Jays spot?

Baseball drafts are so hard to predict cause the rankings can vary so greatly from team to team. Some teams might have a guy in the first round that many others have in the third.

I'd like to see them take at least one of Curtis Taylor or Alex Webb from UBC though 

2 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Baseball drafts are so hard to predict cause the rankings can vary so greatly from team to team. Some teams might have a guy in the first round that many others have in the third.

I'd like to see them take at least one of Curtis Taylor or Alex Webb from UBC though 

So true! A lot of teams try to pick a guy earlier than his ranking so they can under slot him and save the cash for guys that fall. I'm a Gavin Lux hopeful but the Jays will probably go with a pitcher in the 1rst round before they ever went with a SS.

10 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

So true! A lot of teams try to pick a guy earlier than his ranking so they can under slot him and save the cash for guys that fall. I'm a Gavin Lux hopeful but the Jays will probably go with a pitcher in the 1rst round before they ever went with a SS.

Yeah I can't really disagree with the emphasis on pitching but it would be nice to see a position player in the first round. They just seem a little more exciting.

If the Jays keep playing like this the rest of the way, they're gonna run away with the World Series. This is basically make or break year with EE and Joey Bats. The rotation is alright with Dickey, Sanchez, Estrada, Happ all doing well thus far. Bullpen gets even more deeper with addition of GrillI.  Liking this team's chances this season. Time to destroy the Royals this postseason.

19 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

If the Jays keep playing like this the rest of the way, they're gonna run away with the World Series. This is basically make or break year with EE and Joey Bats. The rotation is alright with Dickey, Sanchez, Estrada, Happ all doing well thus far. Bullpen gets even more deeper with addition of GrillI.  Liking this team's chances this season. Time to destroy the Royals this postseason.

and Texas.  cant wait for that

oh...you forgot the Stro Show in the starters.

Edited by ShakyWalton
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Price is not really pitching well yet this season.  His era is over 5.  He's winning because the Red Sox are putting up big run totals. 

And those who have been paying attention realize that Dickey has pitched much better than he is given credit for. Sportsnet showed a graphic of the starters' ERAs in the month of May and R.A. had the 2nd best behind Happ. The worst was Stroman.

Dickey hasn't had much run support and last night, the clown behind home plate was giving Price pitches that he wasn't giving Dickey. Part of that can be blamed on the flight path of the knuckleball, but an MLB umpire is supposed to be held to a higher standard. At least two of the walks issued by Dickey should have been backwards K's.

12 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Their play has been encouraging for sure, but you might want to take a look at what the Cubbies have been doing so far this season....

• Upvote 1