The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

They are battering the Stro today,,he just doesnt have the good stuff...how long will they leave him in...till its well out of reach I would think.

IMO they left Sto in for the right amount of time. The real mistake was pitching to Papi with the ice-cold Ramirez on deck, especially when they needed a double play.

Now the difference is 2 runs. The same amount of runs they surrendered because they decided to pitch to Ortiz.

• Upvote 1

Still getting the short end of the stick from the umps. Storen just threw a pitch that has been called a strike all day. Instead of the K, it turns into a double off the monster.

Also, that play at home might have been safe, but if there was something conclusive in the replay to overturn the call on the field, I certainly didn't see it. 

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but the umpires have had a poor series so far and the Sox have been the beneficiaries more often than not.

16 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

IMO they left Sto in for the right amount of time. The real mistake was pitching to Papi with the ice-cold Ramirez on deck, especially when they needed a double play.

Now the difference is 2 runs. The same amount of runs they surrendered because they decided to pitch to Ortiz.

I felt that was going to be costly too and I've followed baseball for 15 minutes. Too bad because that was pretty much the difference maker. Most likely two runs prevented right there..

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

agreed..I posted this before the Jays had any runs..once they made it close I knew Stro would stay in for awhile...that Ortiz pitching was a head scratcher.

Donaldson might be out for a bit...they have brought up Dominguez to play 3rd so they dont play Barney out of position...

The Toronto Blue Jays recalled infielder Matt Dominguez from their triple-A affiliate, the Buffalo Bisons, on Sunday.

Right-handed reliever Ryan Tepera was optioned to the Bisons in a corresponding move.

Dominguez is hitting .287 with five home runs and 28 runs batted in for the Bisons this season. The 26-year-old has been hitting well this week, picking up at least two hits in four of Buffalo's six games.

Dominguez, who was claimed off waivers from the Milwaukee Brewers in September 2015, has played in three games for the Blue Jays this season and is hitless in seven at bats.

This is the fourth time Tepera has been optioned the Bisons this year. The 28-year-old has pitched in four games for Toronto in 2016 and is 0-1 with a 8.10 earned run average

4 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Sportsnet's signal probably cut out so they used boston's feed temporarily.

as for the game, is there any better way to start off than a lead off bomb?

How do you keep barney out when Tulo comes back?

Gibby and management have some tough decisions to make, that's for sure. You can't really trade Tulo (possible, but unlikely) and I don't think putting him on the bench will go over well. They need to figure out who's expendable and who can yield the return they want/need.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Gibby and management have some tough decisions to make, that's for sure. You can't really trade Tulo (possible, but unlikely) and I don't think putting him on the bench will go over well. They need to figure out who's expendable and who can yield the return they want/need.

I sure hope Shapiro doesnt try to trade Travis...wouldnt put it past him.