The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Well, that was ugly. Best thing to do after a game like that is forget about it and move on. The Jays have their work cut out for them if they want to win another series.

Fulmer showed T.O.  how the Red Sox must have felt against Estrada.

Tonight it's Sanchez up against Matt Boyd, a former Jay that went with Daniel Norris to the Tigers for David Price. At the time, most people thought Norris was the biggest piece going the other way (and he still might be) but Boyd is the one who's stuck with the rotation, since Anibal Sanchez was moved to the bull pen.

Good news is, the big three Jays bats all have good numbers against the lefty. (albeit with a small sample size) It could be a catalyst for waking up those slumbering bats.

It's R.A. Dickey up against Jordan Zimmerman in the series finale, so anything can happen there. The Jays really need to take care of business tonight, or this could turn into a sweep...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Well, that was ugly. Best thing to do after a game like that is forget about it and move on. The Jays have their work cut out for them if they want to win another series.

Fulmer showed T.O.  how the Red Sox must have felt against Estrada.

Tonight it's Sanchez up against Matt Boyd, a former Jay that went with Daniel Norris to the Tigers for David Price. At the time, most people thought Norris was the biggest piece going the other way (and he still might be) but Boyd is the one who's stuck with the rotation, since Anibal Sanchez was moved to the bull pen.

Good news is, the big three Jays bats all have good numbers against the lefty. (albeit with a small sample size) It could be a catalyst for waking up those slumbering bats.

It's R.A. Dickey up against Jordan Zimmerman in the series finale, so anything can happen there. The Jays really need to take care of business tonight, or this could turn into a sweep...

The Tigers have been red-hot lately. Just dumped on the White Sox, and I think they beat Chris Sale in that series. Games like this happen to even the best teams (which of course the Jays are) so nothing to worry about here. I'd like to see a good response game today though.

Unrelated...does it kill anybody else that the Jays never signed James Paxton when they drafted him? I'm a little biased because he's from Ladner, I'm from North Delta, and we played for the same high school team. Got to stand in on one of his bullpens once and it was absolutely electric (didn't even have a bat in my hands so I was just praying he didn't hit me). I saw he hit 100 MPH last night...has a Canadian done that before? Did juiced-up Eric Gagne throw that hard? 

1 hour ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

The Tigers have been red-hot lately. Just dumped on the White Sox, and I think they beat Chris Sale in that series. Games like this happen to even the best teams (which of course the Jays are) so nothing to worry about here. I'd like to see a good response game today though.

Unrelated...does it kill anybody else that the Jays never signed James Paxton when they drafted him? I'm a little biased because he's from Ladner, I'm from North Delta, and we played for the same high school team. Got to stand in on one of his bullpens once and it was absolutely electric (didn't even have a bat in my hands so I was just praying he didn't hit me). I saw he hit 100 MPH last night...has a Canadian done that before? Did juiced-up Eric Gagne throw that hard? 

I think there aren't the hard feelings because it was pretty certain he was not going to sign with many teams (thank you Scott Boras).  I think his agent takes more of the heat there.

With the Tigers being fairly hot, seems the Jays have not only had a tough schedule, but even the teams lower in the standings have been hot heading in to a series versus the Jays (save for maybe the Twins and Yankees early on).

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think there aren't the hard feelings because it was pretty certain he was not going to sign with many teams (thank you Scott Boras).  I think his agent takes more of the heat there.

With the Tigers being fairly hot, seems the Jays have not only had a tough schedule, but even the teams lower in the standings have been hot heading in to a series versus the Jays (save for maybe the Twins and Yankees early on).

Yeah that just made me hate Boras even more. I liked to think a good 'ol Delta boy would be better than that and would want to sign with the one Canadian team but oh well. 

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

They're not in Seattle in late July or early August like they have been in recent years. I've always gone for my birthday but those plans will have to change this year. 

It's still awesome how you get to go to Seattle every year to see them play, gives everyone a chance! 

2 minutes ago, Xbox said:

It's still awesome how you get to go to Seattle every year to see them play, gives everyone a chance! 

Yeah it would be nice to have a team in Vancouver but Seattle is easy too. When the Jays are in town I think at least 2/3 of Safeco is filled with Jays fans.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Red Sox are in Seattle for August long weekend, Sean. That should give you a reason to cheer for the M's...

Nothing to cheer about Seattle right now. Were swept by Texas and lost again to Cleveland. 4 games back of Texas now thanks to sweep. M's teased everyone for 2 months looking like they were finally going to end 15 year playoff absence. Back to being the same old team. They will be under .500 after this home stand. What's happened to King Felix this season? He looks nothing like his old self, and Felix we're used to seeing.

50 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

Nothing to cheer about Seattle right now. Were swept by Texas and lost again to Cleveland. 4 games back of Texas now thanks to sweep. M's teased everyone for 2 months looking like they were finally going to end 15 year playoff absence. Back to being the same old team. They will be under .500 after this home stand. What's happened to King Felix this season? He looks nothing like his old self, and Felix we're used to seeing.

Assuming that Sean is a Jays fan (and I'm pretty sure he is) he'd be able to cheer against the Red Sox. By default, he'd be cheering for the Mariners.