The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

The day couldn't have gone much better for the Jays, at least in the standings. Toronto hangs on to beat the O's, Detroit beats the Yankees and Minny walks off the Red Sox. The only downer was the Rays thumping Houston 5-0.

BTW: I gotta say I love the emotion from Grilli. You can tell he's ecstatic to be in T.O.  

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The day couldn't have gone much better for the Jays, at least in the standings. Toronto hangs on to beat the O's, Detroit beats the Yankees and Minny walks off the Red Sox. The only downer was the Rays thumping Houston 5-0.

BTW: I gotta say I love the emotion from Grilli. You can tell he's ecstatic to be in T.O.  

Jays currently half a game back of the Mariners (last wildcard spot), who are down 6-1 to Texas in the 8th.

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

Jays currently half a game back of the Mariners (last wildcard spot), who are down 6-1 to Texas in the 8th.

Yeah, I saw that, but I have developed enough of a hatred for the Rangers that it's hard for me to take enjoyment out of any game they win. Against the Red Sox, O's or Yankees maybe...^_^

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

also liked the way he pitched out of that jam in the ninth..sure seems like a good addition at this point.

8 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

also liked the way he pitched out of that jam in the ninth..sure seems like a good addition at this point.

You saw the veteran in him there. When the third base ump blew the call on what should have been strike three to Crash Davis, he just sucked it up and got back to business. Even when he walked another guy on 4 pitches, he maintained the "no problem" attitude.

A lot of guys would get rattled, but he just moved on and eventually got the strikeout of Schoop to end the game. Definitely a good guy to have in the pen.

• Upvote 1