The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Washington literally shut down Strasbergh just prior to the playoffs a couple seasons ago for the same reason.  They said he had a capped number of innings, and once reached he 

Lincecum was never shut down...but Strasburg did have arm problems last year..but killing it this at 10-0

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Washington literally shut down Strasbergh just prior to the playoffs a couple seasons ago for the same reason.  They said he had a capped number of innings, and once reached he 

Yes and it sure didn't help the team.... 

The last five games of the Washington Nationals’ 2013 baseball season will not matter. That became official on Monday night when the Nats lost — in an  appropriately cruel twist — to the St. Louis Cardinals, while both thePittsburgh Pirates and Cincinnati Redswere winning their games.

That reduced the Nats’ not-so-magic number to avoid missing the playoffs to zero. Another season gone. Another long winter ahead.

And now it can be said, with almost no doubt, that the decision to shut down Stephen Strasburg last September didn’t cost Washington one chance to win a World Series, it cost the team and the city two chances. Because if one thing is clear about the debacle that was this summer it is that it was set up by the disaster of last fall.

1 hour ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I haven't heard that before but hats interesting. Good point by somebody above about Stroman/Sanchez though- why isn't Stro on a limit? Maybe cause he missed almost all of last year. Who knows.

an interesting contrast to this innings limit is what Nolan Ryan does with his pitchers in Texas. I read about it in sports illustrated a few years back so maybe it's changed, I don't know. He has them throw long toss every day no matter what. The day before a start, the day after a start, and everyday in between they throw long toss. He did it during his career as well. He never had real injury problems and so far his pitching staff hasn't had arm problems under his watch so it's an interesting idea. Totally goes against the modern way of thinking though

I think I would go with whatever Ryan, the K King, does with his staff.  

8 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Lol we've seen this one before. Isn't it Sanchez throwing today? At work so I'm not sure. He's seen this show before

Yeah. Bases loaded 0 out. I'd said he held the fort pretty well despite that. & crap. Like a hockey game. Go grab some food. Gone five minutes and we score again.

Was doing some research for Vladimir Guerrero Jr and what's going on for him this year, I want to see this guy do well. Anyways it may be a good reason to keep an eye on the Vancouver Canadians this year. Guerrero may join them later in the season if he is doing well in Bluefield. Also didn't know about Craig Biggio's son.

There could be some notable names coming to the team later on in the season. The Blue Jays drafted Dante Bichette’s son Bo, a shortstop, in the second round out of a Florida high school last week, and Craig Biggio’s son Cavan, a second baseman, in the fifth round out of Notre Dame. High schoolers don’t often make it to short-season single-A in their first summer of pro ball, but college players frequently do. As well, 2015 international signee Vladimir Guerrero, Jr., was reportedly being assigned to Bluefield, Toronto’s rookie affiliate, out of extended spring training. He’s just 17, but could be in Vancouver at some point if he excels.

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=11984027

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Yeah. Bases loaded 0 out. I'd said he held the fort pretty well despite that. & crap. Like a hockey game. Go grab some food. Gone five minutes and we score again.

He was cruising along last weekend until the Orioles went and turned his outing into a Pink Floyd concert.

a laser show

And here we go again with the bases loaded. Starting to wish we saved some of those runs from yesterday for today.

lmao unreal by Barney. Man, these guys are amazing throwers the way they can spin and whip it 100+ feet with pinpoint accuracy.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

And here we go again with the bases loaded. Starting to wish we saved some of those runs from yesterday for today.

lmao unreal by Barney. Man, these guys are amazing throwers the way they can spin and whip it 100+ feet with pinpoint accuracy.

That play Machsdo made down the third base line a couple years back is one that always amazes me. What athleticism, what an arm.

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Is Machado going to have to serve his suspension in 2016?

wondering the same thing...was there a decision on his appeal....what a bomb fest this is turning into...Sanchez not the sharpest today..hanging on by his fingernails.