The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Only one batter (Smoak) got to hit after 60 pitches last night and he hit a HR. Martin got a dbl off the 59th pitch... I should have counted how many times Martin hits during the 55th-59th pitch, it is oddly high. 

The first inning was a 30+ pitch inning, which is the first time I've counted that in 17 games. 

With less than 60 pitches faced, 28% of Donaldson's at-bats result in walks. With 60 or more, just 8% of his ABs result in walks (obviously a small sample size thus far).

Pitches%20June%2017_zpsgoaiss6p.png

Tulowitzki has started his rehab stint in Dunedin. 

EDIT: That was a quick stint. Apparently he's heading back to TO.

Edited by Down by the River
  • Upvote 1

With Tulo back it really creates a jam now up the middle. Of course he gets SS, but 2nd base is going to be tough, someone has to be moved.... For now the guy who deserves to play is Barney, he has proven to be a solid player right now and it's hard to argue with that. I know Shaky isn't going to like it, but I am a Travis supporter the guy is going to be good, but Barney IMO right now is the guy who deserves to be playing.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

almost had 4...he may yet..lol

The thing that was missed (and I'm a bit surprised that Buck and Tabby didn't make a bigger deal out of it) was that although he didn't get the 4th dinger in his last AB, he also missed an opportunity to set the record for RBI by a Canadian player.

Going into his final plate appearance, Saunders was tied with Jason Bay with 8 RBI in a game. With the bases loaded, the only things that stood in his way were a strikeout, or a double play ball (which is what happened)

To me, that was more disappointing than not getting the 4th HR.

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

With Tulo back it really creates a jam now up the middle. Of course he gets SS, but 2nd base is going to be tough, someone has to be moved.... For now the guy who deserves to play is Barney, he has proven to be a solid player right now and it's hard to argue with that. I know Shaky isn't going to like it, but I am a Travis supporter the guy is going to be good, but Barney IMO right now is the guy who deserves to be playing.

I tend to agree, but I don't think it will happen.

My guess is that Travis will be the every day 2nd baseman. Barney will be the infield insurance and Goins will continue to work out in LF, where he will become the 4th outfielder. (5th when Bats returns)