The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

20 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Another thought..Carrera is playing so well now its getting hard to keep him out of the lineup when everyone is healthy and I hate when he subs/platoons Saunders with him...maybe its time to move Bats?

Completely agree with this... had this thought even without Carrera playing well. 

Travis with another moronic running of the bases. Jays seriously need someone standing at second base to tackle these guys.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Completely agree with this... had this thought even without Carrera playing well. 

Travis with another moronic running of the bases. Jays seriously need someone standing at second base to tackle these guys.

They could get a nice haul for Bats..maybe a known starting pitcher/reliever and an outfielder....Bats will probably be gone at the end of the season anyway..cant see them resigning him for the money he will command...he is actually clogging the outfield up some...as I say ..Saunders should not be subbed for Carrera..he is in the top 10 BAs in the league.

Edited by ShakyWalton

It's tough to trade a guy like Bats in the middle of the season, how it will affect the rest of the team.... I could see it causing a negative effect on the team and I think it's to risky to attempt.

Plus I want to see a bat flip in playoffs against Texas ::D

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

7 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It's tough to trade a guy like Bats in the middle of the season, how it will affect the rest of the team.... I could see it causing a negative effect on the team and I think it's to risky to attempt.

Plus I want to see a bat flip in playoffs against Texas ::D

yeah,,thats the only thing about trading him..he seems to be much loved on the Jays..could be a negative...same with Goins I think after filling in all last year....they dont want to make a decision on these middle infielders because of allegiance.

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

yeah,,thats the only thing about trading him..he seems to be much loved on the Jays..could be a negative...same with Goins I think after filling in all last year....they dont want to make a decision on these middle infielders because of allegiance.

That being said, it wouldn't bother me one bit if they moved Tulo along. Barney and Goins both are fantastic at short. The Jays wouldn't exactly be losing anything defensively and their bats are no worse than Tulos for a fraction of the cost. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

My uninformed eye tells me that Goins has a better arm than both Barney and Travis and I'm unimpressed with Travis' arm. Is this just me?

Does it matter? Travis never plays shortstop and you don't need a big arm to play 2nd. His bat more than makes up the difference, IMO.

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

They will stick with Dickey until the game is frittered away and there is no coming back.

I just have no confidence in this guy at all.

Once again Dickey gets no respect. A quality start and no run support. (as usual)

Bases loaded with one out and Smoak swings at three pitches well out of the strike zone. Tulo comes up and is caught looking at a borderline strike. Travis with a bonehead baserunning error that cost the Jays a run and then JD swinging at a borderline pitch, with bases loaded against a guy who was struggling to find the plate...

...but yeah, lets blame Dickey again...:rolleyes:

Every once in while you guys have me thinking you know baseball, but then....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Does it matter? Travis never plays shortstop and you don't need a big arm to play 2nd. His bat more than makes up the difference, IMO.

Once again Dickey gets no respect. A quality start and no run support. (as usual)

Bases loaded with one out and Smoak swings at three pitches well out of the strike zone. Tulo comes up and is caught looking at a borderline strike. Travis with a bonehead baserunning error that cost the Jays a run and then JD swinging at a borderline pitch, with bases loaded against a guy who was struggling to find the plate...

I will agree he had no run support at all today...if he had a quarter of what Sanchez had last night he would have won..it didnt start out that way and looked like what I have seen many times before..Im not a fan of Dickey..never have been ..never will be..I guess that will have to be enough for you.

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

I will agree he had no run support at all today...if he had a quarter of what Sanchez had last night he would have won..it didnt start out that way and looked like what I have seen many times before..Im not a fan of Dickey..never have been ..never will be..I guess that will have to be enough for you.

i guess. Personally I'm "not a fan" of a few players, But I understand when they are and they aren't earning their keep. I suppose you and I will have to agree to disagree on Dickey as far as that goes. 

I remember you and I (and  few other CDCers) disagreeing about the value of 200 innings per season. With the impending move of Sanchez to the pen, I wonder if you stand by that assertion?

TBH, I worry more about Stroman than Dickey these days. I guess we'll see about that tomorrow...

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

i guess. Personally I'm "not a fan" of a few players, But I understand when they are and they aren't earning their keep. I suppose you and I will have to agree to disagree on Dickey as far as that goes. 

I remember you and I (and  few other CDCers) disagreeing about the value of 200 innings per season. With the impending move of Sanchez to the pen, I wonder if you stand by that assertion?

TBH, I worry more about Stroman than Dickey these days. I guess we'll see about that tomorrow...

Funny..Sanchez is on pace for 200 innings..he is one of the team leaders I think..if he goes to the pen someone will have to chew up the innings....agree about Stroman..hasnt looked that good lately..TBH he should be the one going to the pen if current stats are any indication..

To those talking about trading Tulo:

he has a no trade clause that kicked in when he was traded to Toronto. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get him to waive if you could send him back west, where he's spent his whole life until last year I believe, but it's something to consider

and on the topic of Dickey eating innings:

I admit he can do that, and at times he can actually be very good, but the same can be said of many other pitchers who come at a much cheaper price tag. That's my issue with Dickey. 

Well I guess one good thing for today, don't have to worry about Machado getting a hit against the Jays today. I swear he's like the new Ortiz against the Jays always hits against us.

Orioles infielder Manny Machado will begin to serve a four-game suspension for charging the mound and punching Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura on June 7.

Machado dropped his appeal of the penalty Saturday after getting three hits against Toronto. ''Let's just get this past us already and keep playing baseball,'' he said.

The two-time All-Star is batting .317 with 17 homers and 42 RBIs. The suspension will end his streak of 229 consecutive starts, the longest current string in the majors.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

27 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well I guess one good thing for today, don't have to worry about Machado getting a hit against the Jays today. I swear he's like the new Ortiz against the Jays always hits against us.

Orioles infielder Manny Machado will begin to serve a four-game suspension for charging the mound and punching Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura on June 7.

Machado dropped his appeal of the penalty Saturday after getting three hits against Toronto. ''Let's just get this past us already and keep playing baseball,'' he said.

The two-time All-Star is batting .317 with 17 homers and 42 RBIs. The suspension will end his streak of 229 consecutive starts, the longest current string in the majors.

Cant say as I am broken hearted..but damn Machado is a good player..Donaldson will have a hard time repeating as MVP with this kid around.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Good lord Rupert. 

The glut of middle infielders is already filtering down..Barney playing 3rd today and JD dhing so to keep Barney playing...means EE over to 1st...not liking this situation...I really think one has to go.

Edited by ShakyWalton