The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

27 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Lawrie isn’t concerned about his current struggles. He says he feels good and is still confident he can turn his season around. “Just hanging out doing my thing, bro.”

2 homeruns now for the hotdog..get out the mustard...Dickeys Knuckler aint working today..he is lobbing in fat pitches....either the knuckler works or you see days like today.

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Why would you throw to Lawrie? Guy swings at ANYTHING and you could see him standing there at the plate looking jacked up to go swinging. I don't know if that's Thole's responsibility or Dickey's, but you could have thrown 3 pitches outside the strike zone and moved on to the bottom of the 5th.

Thats another problem...Thole

4 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

&^@#

Missed an explosive Jays output today because I'm at school writing a test..

Dickeys giving up the dingers but at least the team is scoring runs for him.

Edited by ShakyWalton

8 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Are you obligated to make an effort to get out of the way of a pitch? Why not get plunked by it. Vast majority of these guys walk away unscathed from it. Can't hurt that much.

nope..you can stand in and get plunked all you want ..some players made a living on it...Ron Hunt for one

• Upvote 1

The Toronto Blue Jays have placed right-handed reliever Gavin Floyd on the 15-day disabled list with shoulder tightness and recalled righty Bo Schultz from Triple-A Buffalo.

Floyd left after facing two batters in the sixth inning of Toronto's 10-8 win over the White Sox on Saturday and was scheduled to have an MRI on Sunday.

Floyd is 2-4 with a 4.06 ERA in 28 games.

Schultz was 1-1 with a 4.24 ERA in 14 relief appearances in Buffalo. He appeared in 31 games with the Blue Jays in 2015, going 0-1 with a 3.56 ERA.