The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

Rate this topic

The Stork

In pro debut, Jays prospect Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hits jack with his dad in attendance

This past Friday, after rain pushed the rest of Guerrero's pro debut to Friday, with his father in attendance, Vlad Jr. recorded his first hit and his first home run in a 9-4 win for the Bluefield Blue Jays.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?In+pro+debut%2C+Jays+prospect+Vladimir+Guerrero+Jr.+hits+jack+with+his+dad+in+attendance&id=583217

Video in link.

• Upvote 1

Again the problem with the Jays lies between the ears. Poor baserunning by Donaldson. You're up against one of the strongest arms out in RF in the league. Scouting report. Don't go for two when you have EE batting behind you. This team needs to understand that you don't need a knockout blow at every bat. Culture needs to change; the talent is there.

11 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Again the problem with the Jays lies between the ears. Poor baserunning by Donaldson. You're up against one of the strongest arms out in RF in the league. Scouting report. Don't go for two when you have EE batting behind you. This team needs to understand that you don't need a knockout blow at every bat. Culture needs to change; the talent is there.

He got nailed at 3rd yesterday on a poor choice as well.

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm not able to watch the game, but I'm checking the live updates; It looks like Stro's having a better start today.

Agree? Disagree? Are the pitches down a bit more today?

yes, Stro is pitching pretty good today..problem is Sale is pitching better...cant get on base.

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm not able to watch the game, but I'm checking the live updates; It looks like Stro's having a better start today.

Agree? Disagree? Are the pitches down a bit more today?

Stro much better despite giving up the HR. He's had to battle but has gotten himself out of jams. 

Problem is that it seems like 90% of Sale's first pitches are for strikes. 

24 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

If you are a Jays fan this game is a bore...if you are a Sox fan Sale is pitching a gem of a 2 hitter.

Sox fan here Shaky, and love Sale's game! I don't know what it is, but I can never see myself cheering for anything Toronto, Jays, Raptors, and of course the Leafs. Never have, never will. I've been a casual ChiSox fan since '59.

• Upvote 1

Just now, johngould21 said:

Sox fan here Shaky, and love Sale's game! I don't know what it is, but I can never see myself cheering for anything Toronto, Jays, Raptors, and of course the Leafs. Never have, never will. I've been a casual ChiSox fan since '59.

Jays are my one Toronto team I hope for...I loved the Expos but when they went to Washington I went to the Jays........first time this year I would think Sale gave up 2 dingers in an inning.

Im more of a Cubs fan.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

To be honest I have trouble cheering for the Jays simply because they're from Toronto. I really have no attachment to the team like I do the Canucks, they're my team by default more than anything due to the fact they're the last Canadian team. The team is starting to grow on me but I feel guilty cheering for a Toronto team.

Sale is a special talent though. A few more MPH's on his fastball and he'd practically be Randy Johnson.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

To be honest I have trouble cheering for the Jays simply because they're from Toronto. I really have no attachment to the team like I do the Canucks, they're my team by default more than anything due to the fact they're the last Canadian team. The team is starting to grow on me but I feel guilty cheering for a Toronto team.

Sale is a special talent though. A few more MPH's on his fastball and he'd practically be Randy Johnson.

we all have our guilty pleasures..lol

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Jays are my one Toronto team I hope for...I loved the Expos but when they went to Washington I went to the Jays........first time this year I would think Sale gave up 2 dingers in an inning.

Im more of a Cubs fan.

On those topics...

Did I hear earlier in the broadcast that, of the 4 times in MLB history a team has hit 7 bombs, 3 of them happened against the Jays?

and the Cubs aren't a bad choice, lovable losers they are. The storied history, Wrigley Field, etc... I'm more partial to the Dodgers. Saw a game in the NLCS against the Phillies back when I was a teen (it was 08 I think?) so since then I've been a bit of a fan. Also love the cool but simple and clean look of their logos, hats, jerseys, etc.

Edited by Wild Sean Monahan

1 minute ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I really think his fastball is very effective the way it is, Randy Johnson was unique and a bit of a freak to say the least, lol!