The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

13 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Revere has been struggling in Washington, but he did have 4 hits and 3 stolen bases, yesterday.

Yeah I know, but he's still the type of player the Jays could use and Storen hasn't even been worthy of a MLB roster spot this year. He's been flat out awful. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Yeah I know, but he's still the type of player the Jays could use and Storen hasn't even been worthy of a MLB roster spot this year. He's been flat out awful. 

Exactly, his speed gave opposition something else to think about when he got on base. Gentleman, may I just say from the bottom of my heart "&^@# You Shapiro" I love the Jays, hate the ownership/management.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Exactly, his speed gave opposition something else to think about when he got on base. Gentleman, may I just say from the bottom of my heart "&^@# You Shapiro" I love the Jays, hate the ownership/management.

Maybe they have a vision that'll pay dividends in a couple/few years but I certainly don't think they did much to help the team win now, which it's built to do.

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Maybe they have a vision that'll pay dividends in a couple/few years but I certainly don't think they did much to help the team win now, which it's built to do.

It's so frustrating, suffered through 20 years of crap(no offence to halladay, loved watching him pitch, or Delgado, Wells and a few other bright spots along the way)and now they have a legit shot at winning... We could have had a Gallardo or something to give us a 1-2 punch with stroman and make some noise... Yet nothing. 

Stroman- good but inconsistent

sanchez- great, but yet to pitch a full season will the tank run out?

Estrada- great control, seems good this year but can he keep it up.

Happ- as good as you could ask/expect

Dickey- good inning eater, just every game I wonder is he gonna have a quality start and give up maybe 1-2, or is he gonna give up 10...knuckleballers either have it that day or they don't. 

It woulda been nice to maybe see an ace here, Move Dickey to the pen for long relief or the occasional spot start to prevent Sanchez and Stroman from fatiguing their arms, what do you guys think needs to/should be done?

I really like him but damn Saunders is a streaky hitter..he has 2 or 3 hits since he had his 3 homer night  2-3 weeks ago..his average is falling like a rock...these hitless games are catching up to him..

This game is pretty much done now..Jays just arent scoring any runs.

eta...I should say this more often...as soon as I did they start to hit and are making a comeback..:P

Edited by ShakyWalton

Nice late game...well at least for us folks in the west :P 

...Blue Jays seem to be rolling now. Never know with that bullpen though lol. Still upset ownership cheaped out. If they allowed for management to spend a bit more (deservedly so with the success and profit of last year), just a tad more invested to the bullpen and the Jays would be easily 15 games above .500. The result of not: the team is hovering around .500 and are back-forth leapfrogging within the division whereas they could have easily been in control of the division.

Edited by TheRussianRocket.
  • Upvote 1

Game is gonna go past 1 am. Guess these people got nothing to do early in the morning lol. Less than 12 hours till next game. Could you imagine hockey with this kind of schedule? The laziest, slowest brand of hockey you'd ever see professionally.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant