The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Hopefully this isn't a deja vu from last year, where they went on a 11 game winning streak. Then, losing the next six games, losing all hope of a playoff birth.

Edited by shiznak

Lots of positives today. Stroman looked better now that he was put back into a starters routine. Nice to see the bats come alive today. Lawrie's athleticism is mind blowing. That almost double play with Reyes at the end of the game was spectacular. The only negative I saw was Redmond. Is there not anyone on the farm that could fare better? Bit of a weak link.

Lots of positives today. Stroman looked better now that he was put back into a starters routine. Nice to see the bats come alive today. Lawrie's athleticism is mind blowing. That almost double play with Reyes at the end of the game was spectacular. The only negative I saw was Redmond. Is there not anyone on the farm that could fare better? Bit of a weak link.

Wouldn't worry about Redmond too much in the long reliever role. If you're losing sleep over him I guess you can always put Hendricks in the long reliever role and see what Stroman can do in that fifth rotation stop.

Edited by Wilbur

Wouldn't worry about Redmond too much in the long reliever role. If you're losing sleep over him I guess you can always put Hendricks in the long reliever role and see what Stroman can do in that fifth rotation stop.

It's looking like that's whats gonna happen. Hendriks is available out of the pen today and Stroman is still with the team.

Was a good win today. Rebounded nicely to close out the homestand, but I think it makes that Reyes error with two outs in the bottom of the 9th all that much more frustrating, lol. I can say though that at least they've begun to reassert their dominance here.

And I don't see Gose getting sent back down, but I think he has played himself out of an everyday starting position with Rasmus coming back.

Yes Todd Redmond is horrible. Gose seems lost with the bat. Mark Buherle reminds of the Roy Halladay days. Every single night you knew you could at least get a quality 7 innings out of him. He was an ace who worked hard and brought it every night. Buherle is similar in that way. Love it. Go Jays!

Was a good win today. Rebounded nicely to close out the homestand, but I think it makes that Reyes error with two outs in the bottom of the 9th all that much more frustrating, lol. I can say though that at least they've begun to reassert their dominance here.

And I don't see Gose getting sent back down, but I think he has played himself out of an everyday starting position with Rasmus coming back.

Agree on Reyes. Agree on Gose. I'm wondering which guy goes down. Is Redmond expendable now if Stroman has another good outing and Hendriks stays in the pen? Edited by YummyCakeFace

I really want to see Gose getting everyday at bats, whether it's here or Buffalo it doesn't matter to me. I just don't see him developing anymore if he's just a part time player. If I was the GM, right now, I'd showcase Rasmus to possibly net a starting pitcher while Gose gets plenty of AB's in Buffalo. Keep Pillar as the spare OF. If a trade isn't there bring Gose back in during the stretch drive.

I really want to see Gose getting everyday at bats, whether it's here or Buffalo it doesn't matter to me. I just don't see him developing anymore if he's just a part time player. If I was the GM, right now, I'd showcase Rasmus to possibly net a starting pitcher while Gose gets plenty of AB's in Buffalo. Keep Pillar as the spare OF. If a trade isn't there bring Gose back in during the stretch drive.

they are going to lose Rasmus at the end of the year anyway..if they can trade him..now is the time,,but Gose isnt ready..probably next year and I feel better with Rasmus in the lineup for now...Gose wont get everyday bats in TO this year,neither him or Pillar can hit, but they both have speed.