The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

they are going to lose Rasmus at the end of the year anyway..if they can trade him..now is the time,,but Gose isnt ready..probably next year and I feel better with Rasmus in the lineup for now...Gose wont get everyday bats in TO this year,neither him or Pillar can hit, but they both have speed.

I agree that Gose isn't quite ready, but IF you can turn Rasmus into a reliable innings eating starting pitcher, I'd put up with Gose in the 9th spot. Fortunately, time is on the Jays side, especially if they keep on playing the way they do, they are not going to be pressured into a move. And, who knows, if Stroman proves reliable, they will really be in the captains seat.

I agree Gose needs to play every day .. he comes up and has good at bats the first several games, and then he seems to lose patience .. I would send him back once Rasmus returns, and keep Pillar for now .. move Rasmus (if possible) for pitching help once he is back 'in the groove', then live with Gose/Pillar.

Gose just needs more development at the plate AND on the bases.

Going to be seeing the Jays in Seattle Aug 11th. Usually catch a Jays game in Seattle every other year or so. Might actually be a meaningful game for once, usually by August they're out of it...

Going to be seeing the Jays in Seattle Aug 11th. Usually catch a Jays game in Seattle every other year or so. Might actually be a meaningful game for once, usually by August they're out of it...

Ya I think I'm gonna try and make it down for one of those games.

I wouldn't trade Rasmus, simply because he's another left handed power bat, which this team kind of needs. You have Lind, who was a power hitter when he first came up, but now has turned into more of a line drive hitter. Francisco has power, but we don't really know if he can stay consistent throughout the season.

Korecky sent to Buffalo today. Also, Hernandez goes for Seattle against the Yankees in a make up game which means there's a decent chance of the Jays gaining half a game on New York. C'mon Seattle!

Dont forget Boston has won 7 straight,,they are climbing.

The key is not to lose any ground.

4 games up at the start of June is pretty sweet.

Been awhile since the Jays were in this position..I cant get over Nelson Cruz of the Orioles,,, for all the Hrs Edwin has hit this month..Cruz is still ahead of him by 1..he must be blasting them out.

Been awhile since the Jays were in this position..I cant get over Nelson Cruz of the Orioles,,, for all the Hrs Edwin has hit this month..Cruz is still ahead of him by 1..he must be blasting them out.

Yeah. Last year it was Davis and this year Cruz.

They're both extremely streaky players though but I think EE has the advantage to overtake him because he is more patient at the dish.

He's also bested Cruz in pretty much every category in their respective careers so, in many ways, Edwin is the steadier player.

Yeah. Last year it was Davis and this year Cruz.

They're both extremely streaky players though but I think EE has the advantage to overtake him because he is more patient at the dish.

He's also bested Cruz in pretty much every category in their respective careers so, in many ways, Edwin is the steadier player.

yep,, for sure..I think it will come down to the Jays and Orioles in the East.

NEW YORK, N.Y. -- Toronto Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion was named American League player of the month Tuesday while Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers took the National League honour.

Encarnacion belted a club record 16 home runs last month and batted .281 with five doubles, one triple and 33 RBIs. He scored 26 runs and walked 16 times over 30 games to claim the honour for the first time.

Encarnacion had five multi-homer games in May. He was just shy of Carlos Delgado's club record of 34 RBIs in a month set in June 2003.

Others receiving votes included Miguel Cabrera (.380, 8 HR, 34 RBI), Detroit teammate Victor Martinez (.372, 9 HR, 21 RBI) and Baltimore's Nelson Cruz (.339, 13 HR, 27 RBI).

Jose Bautista was the last Toronto player to win the award. He took the honour in June 2012.

spacer.gif
no_plus.gifno_1.gif
icon_yeah_off.gificon_boo_off.gif
28 mins ago

That's pretty good company. Good it going1 icon_report_off.gif

no_plus.gifno_2.gif
30 mins ago

I am totally shocked...Bautista for June...Keep it going Jays! icon_report_off.gif

no_plus.gifno_2.gif
1 hour ago

this should come as no surprise, actually shocked that other guys received votes. I guess Miggy had more RBI and a ridiculous average, I get that to a certain extent. what a month by Edwin!! Hopefully the jays can keep rollin. icon_report_off.gif

no_plus.gifno_3.gif
1 hour ago

Considering he tied Mickey Mantle's home run record for the month, it wasn't exactly a hard decision!!! Congrats to Edwin and 'How about those BlueJays!!!' icon_report_off.gif

no_plus.gifno_2.gif
1 hour ago

Well deserved!!!! icon_report_off.gif

no_plus.gifno_2.gif
1 hour ago

What can you say about EE I mean he had a great month and nearly broke the record for most homers in a single month and hey I think Edwin is just getting started. icon_report_off.gif