The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] van-wpg-ana

I personally think you're overrating Kane's value.

I look at it this way. They both have around the same cap hit are both top 6 fowards who play with a tough edge. Kesler is a more responsible player but kane has more potential. Kane is 22 and kesler is almost 30. Kesler may be the better player right now but the potential of kane puts him at the same value as kesler in my opinion.

IMO, Kane is more trouble than he's worth. If it was P.Kane I can understand taking on the risk of a bit of a delinquent player. He's a point per game producer and his off ice personality is something that he'd hopefully grow out of as he gets older.

E.Kane isn't in the same ballpark. I'd hate to take on a problem player who, in addition to off ice challenges, also doesn't produce on the ice.

To van:
Evander kane

To wpg:
1st round pick ott, emerson etem, 1st round pick ana hansen

To anaheim:
Kesler

I think thats more fair. Kane is not worth two 1st roud picks plus a prospect who himself was also a first round pick.

Kessel was traded for 2 first and Kane is not at Kessel's level.

Jets still get a top 10 pick in this years draft (add that to their own already) plus a scoring prospect and a player like hansen who can help the teams PK along. Kane isn't worth more than that.

Only thing is I don't think jets take it, they are long overdue for a playoff spot and need to start bringing in NHL ready impact players rather than continuing to bring in youth. Jets are better off dealing Kane to the Flyers and doing a player swap to try and change the culture of the team.

To van:

Evander kane

To wpg:

1st round pick ott, emerson etem, 1st round pick ana hansen

To anaheim:

Kesler

I think thats more fair. Kane is not worth two 1st roud picks plus a prospect who himself was also a first round pick.

Kessel was traded for 2 first and Kane is not at Kessel's level.

Jets still get a top 10 pick in this years draft (add that to their own already) plus a scoring prospect and a player like hansen who can help the teams PK along. Kane isn't worth more than that.

Only thing is I don't think jets take it, they are long overdue for a playoff spot and need to start bringing in NHL ready impact players rather than continuing to bring in youth. Jets are better off dealing Kane to the Flyers and doing a player swap to try and change the culture of the team.

Agree with everything u say, OP actually a realistic proposal, three ways are hard to do, but this makes sense for all parties only thing I would change is:

VAN: KANE, ANA 1st

PEG: OTTAWA First, ETEM, HANSEN

ANA: KESLER

Agree with everything u say, OP actually a realistic proposal, three ways are hard to do, but this makes sense for all parties only thing I would change is:

VAN: KANE, ANA 1st

PEG: OTTAWA First, ETEM, HANSEN

ANA: KESLER

Thats much better but Kane is a cancer. Rather not get him. Prefer someone like Skinner.

BTW the PEG is throwing me off hard lol.

Holy crap evander kane is fast. Just tuned into the WPG MIN game and he takes off jets from his own zone thru some mini players at a blistering speed then falls on his butt lol. Crazy speed though didn't realize he was that fast. To bad his attitude is poor if we could change it he could be a great asset. Maybe we could do what Dallas did with Seguin? :D one could hope. Not sure how fans would feel having a "kane" on our team given chciago has one. I feel its kinda weird but the kids got game.

Surround Kane with the right people, the right coach, and a little aging with maturiy it is all fixable, hes still a a youngin you know.

He needs a mentor in my opinion, Igninla prolly would been amazing for him, Jagr woulda been great, I think our core would be good for him watching the sedins work ethic commitment and professionalism leading by example, bieksa would be there to help, higgins burrows all quality guys in the dressing room from what I have heard, could really help him.

We have a lott of support channels in our team to, ever since Rypien, we have lots of support, and I think bringing him back home could be great for him.

And the idea of him with the sedins just makes me :bigblush:

Archived