The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Linden to be new President of Vancouver Canucks

Nazzy would be great as a GM for this franchise! I would wanna keep Gilman on though. The fact that it's likely a Swede we could be drafting or someone playing in Sweden, I would probably say he has a bit of knowledge of the youth out there. Makes about as much sense as anything else!

@FarhanLaljiTSN:

Linden says on Global he has not been approached by ownership about #canucks prez job & than an announcement is not imminent

...TSN stirring things up again out of nowhere. Haven't we seen this before? :picard:

That's just business man.

Of course he'll deny it.

True about MacKinnon, but I can't see a rookie making that much impact on a team some of it has to be coaching. Plus it was Sackic and Roy that choose to take Mackinnon when all the pundits and experts had them taking Jones.

As for Linden, yes teh canucks have been approaching him for awhile about takinga role in the team but I think for him its not so much about the team being ready but taking a few years away from hockey first which he has now done.

Even so, what buddy of Linden is there that has turned into a megacoach that can come in to save the day? Or are we talking about bring Crow back?

Reported on the Team 1040 that Nazzy has been contacted by media in this market about the situation here and he offered a stern "no comment".

It's all coming together now. :rolleyes:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! That's exciting!

Even so, what buddy of Linden is there that has turned into a megacoach that can come in to save the day? Or are we talking about bring Crow back?

With the Bertuzzi case going to court soon, I doubt Crow will be back in the NHL any time soon, and especially not in Vancouver.

@FarhanLaljiTSN:

Linden says on Global he has not been approached by ownership about #canucks prez job & than an announcement is not imminent

...TSN stirring things up again out of nowhere. Haven't we seen this before? :picard:

They started with the rumour, and this is the gist (talked more than I thought they would about it):

Steve Darling: Would you be interested?

TL: I've always said I'd consider it. Would be interested...said it for 6 years.

Would Canucks be the team if you made that transition?

Yes - home to me, been doing speaking events and various events across province and it's been fun. I wouldn't consider working anywhere else...not prepared to leave here. This is home to me...at the end of (his) playing days could have gone elsewhere but didn't/wouldn't. Same applies now.

Core of team's been there for a long time...would have to look at that.

Weigh in on what needs to be done?: difficult decisions to be made.

He spoke as if he was actually interested and didn't shy away. But that means little (as he said) - there have always been rumours about him...whether it be running for mayor or this.

This is the most homerest thread in a long time. This team needs qualified people running it. If Naslund and Linden are the fan favourites, I would go in the opposite direction.

Why go in a different direction? Nothing has been working.

This IS the different direction.

This is the most homerest thread in a long time. This team needs qualified people running it. If Naslund and Linden are the fan favourites, I would go in the opposite direction.

And if they are qualified, still go the other direction?

Linden has built a successful business, and Naslund has been GM of MoDo for 5 years.

I see them as perfect hires.

Archived