The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

E-mail from Trevor Linden to season ticket holders

Mastaj

Here's the note; doesn't say all that much, although the part about season tickets being fully refundable until July 11th is interesting.....

This is my first official opportunity to write to you. I want to say how delighted I am to be back with the Canucks and how excited I am about the future.

As an important member of our Canucks family, I know you have a deep personal interest in everything that is going on and our plans for the coming season. As one of my first connections with you, I’d like to invite you to a special Q&A session on Canucks.com this Friday, April 11 at 12 noon. This video webcast will give me an opportunity to answer your questions about the team, and discuss our vision moving forward.

I understand that you have renewed your 2014.15 Canucks membership. Thank you for your tremendous support and loyalty, as it enables us to compete each and every year.

It is my goal to ice a Canucks team you can be proud of, but actions speak louder than words. Your 2014.15 ticket membership deposit will be fully refundable until July 11, which is after the NHL Entry Draft and the start of free agency so that you can be confident in what we are doing to build a winning team.

I can’t wait to get started and I am eager to hear from you about all your questions and concerns. You can submit your questions directly to me using the button below.

Webcast Details:
What: Season Ticket Members Live Q&A with Trevor Linden
When: Friday, April 11 at 12 noon
Where: Canucks.com

Thank you again for your passionate support. I look forward to our conversation on Friday.

Sincerely,

Trevor Linden
President of Hockey Operations
Vancouver Canucks

It is my goal to ice a Canucks team you can be proud of, but actions speak louder than words. Your 2014.15 ticket membership deposit will be fully refundable until July 11, which is after the NHL Entry Draft and the start of free agency so that you can be confident in what we are doing to build a winning team.

Knocked it out of the park there.

Yes, that really does speak louder than words.

Wow, this was quick. Shows that this move was most likely in response to a drop in attendance and the fear that sth would fall away. But it's ok...I accept that and whatever the reason for the change is, it seems that ownership is understanding that fans aren't a given...that they will abandon the team if things decline. So at least that message has been sent.

Not me, personally, because I'm in for the long haul but it seems that's what initiated or at least expedited what has happened here.

Sad for MG as he is a casualty in this war to win. But part of being assigned to a position in this league is that it can quickly change...nothing is forever. It's just sad in that MG believed in this core and their performance/lack thereof has helped to seal his fate. Bit him in the butt.

Wow have they done that before? Should be interesting to see how many people might cancel their renewals after the draft?

No, they've never done this before. It's always been a non-refundable renewal (although I'm sure in special circumstances they would allow you to withdraw or have a pro-rated amount withdrawn).

The renewal deadline was actually today....but if you renewed earlier, you were put into a draw to have your entire 2014/15 tickets given to you free.

So we can expect some big moves!? I can't wait!

Don't the Canucks have a lot of cap space this summer? That plus a new GM should make for a lot of interesting discussion and buzz around the team, if nothing else. Good move by the team, really.

Wow....fully refundable until July 11.

Now that is putting your money where your mouth is.

....It's just the deposit. Not sure how much that is, but I'm sure it's nowhere near the amount of cash for the season tickets. Not that big of a deal. I think this has been done in the past too? Or have they now just extended the deadline of it?

I had season ticks about 10 years ago, and I seem to remember having the opportunity to get my deposit back.

It makes sense that they hired Linden so quickly. I'm sure some of the estimated numbers for season ticket holders leaving were slowly rising. Any attempt to get them back in their seats and keep everyone happy.

No, they've never done this before. It's always been a non-refundable renewal (although I'm sure in special circumstances they would allow you to withdraw or have a pro-rated amount withdrawn).

The renewal deadline was actually today....but if you renewed earlier, you were put into a draw to have your entire 2014/15 tickets given to you free.

They actually stated that they'd be extending the deadline.

I take this as a "no Feaster" pledge. :)

Archived