The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Jim Benning signs as new Canucks GM

TheRussianRocket.

Refresh my memory, but wasn't Gillman in the running for a GM job a year or two ago? Would hate to see him leave, but I think he wants a head guy position in an organization, he knows the money part of it. Plus he is a MG hire, but I think Linden would look over that when all is said and done.

he very well could be wanting to be in the running and yes he was a Gillis hire, but there are many many "money guys" in this world who can do his job just as well. From a business perspective, if he ISNT happy or satisfied then he knows what to do and surwly he will be replaced...thanks for the efforts over the years

I don't think that at all, and as a matter of fact from what I've read and heard, I think Benning may well be Trev's top choice.

I was simply responding to the OP that said that there are rumours suggesting that Aquaman is so obsessed with the Bruins, that Benning would be his first choice as well.

I'm sure it's coincidence, but who really knows.

Ok thanks , didn't read your post properly.

@Puck'in Animal

For some reason I can't quote you.

I know you weren't laughing at me. I was just busting your balls, is all.

Thanks. I'm getting old. My balls are hanging one behind the other for less drag. :shock:

In any case. I just hope that Trev gets the best guy out there who can do the job and get the team to where we need to get to.

Lord Stanley. :bigblush:

Linden: President

Gilman: VP

Quinn: Senior Advisor Hockey Operations

Benning: GM

Stevens/Trotz: Coach

Somehow get Edler to waive NTC to Detroit for Mantha, Tatar, and 1st

Take Mantha, Gaunce, Tatar, Alberts, and two 1st round picks 2015 to Nashville

Shea Weber to Vancouver

Somehow get Hansen to waive NTC (why was he given one?), Yannick Weber, Shinkaruk, and Markstrom to Winnipeg

E. Kane to Vancouver

Somehow get Higgins and Garrison to waive their NTCs (why were they given them?), and Sestito to Boston

Lucic to Vancouver

Sign Halak

(take another swig)

Lucic - Kesler - Kane

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Kassian - Richardson- Booth

Horvat - Matthias - Burrows

Hamhuis- Weber

Tanev - Bieksa

Stanton - Corrado

Cederholm

Lack Halak

Run the league for years, briatch!

Wow, that is quite the plan.

Weber

E Kane and

Lucic

for

Edler, Garrison, Weber, Higgins, Hansen, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Markstrom, Alberts (UFA), Sestito and a 1st.

We definitely heard it here first.

Just one problem. Cederholm is not ready for the NHL. ::D

If they could secure Benning as GM, it would be a solid move for the near future of this team. As bitter as the taste of our Stanley Cup collapse still is in our mouths, there is no denying the solid style of hockey the Bruins play. As Benning is a huge part of their success, I would love to see a similar team here. Hard nosed, gritty hockey has always been my favorite style and, when applyed on a consistent basis, is still the most effective style.

However, I believe that if he was hired, it would spell the end of an era in Vancouver and a new crop of players that play the style Benning likes would be brought in.

Well good! The current players have shown their decline and I don't see a coaching change or a GM change or a restructuring change, saving the organization unless some player transactions are done in order to bring in new blood.

Can bet the Canucks will look for a 1D.

Weber

E Kane and

Lucic

for

Edler, Garrison, Weber, Higgins, Hansen, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Markstrom, Alberts (UFA), Sestito and a 1st.

I would certainly welcome the likes of Kane, Lucic and Weber. That's the team right there.

Shea Weber to Vancouver

Somehow get Hansen to waive NTC (why was he given one?), Yannick Weber, Shinkaruk, and Markstrom to Winnipeg

E. Kane to Vancouver

Somehow get Higgins and Garrison to waive their NTCs (why were they given them?), and Sestito to Boston

Lucic to Vancouver

Sign Halak

(take another swig)

Lucic - Kesler - Kane

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Hamhuis- Weber

Tanev - Bieksa

Stanton - Corrado

Cederholm

Lack Halak

haha....discussion thread soon turns into proposal thread lol

Weber

E Kane and

Lucic

for

Just one problem. Cederholm is not ready for the NHL. : :D

That's the only problem you see?!?

:lol:

That's the only problem you see?!?

:lol:

Well, there's also the fact that the deal involving Alberts to Nashville will have to be cut before July 1st in order to get full value for his negotiating rights.

Linden has his work cut out for him.

(Blunt was just spitballing here.)

(I'm not surprised that Me bit). :bigblush:

I love the idea of a Linden, Benning, Quinn, Gilman regime. I run the risk of liking guys from the past too much, however it seems like a great combination to me.

I'm in the same boat as you. This would be different however and has tons of potential to become something special.

I would love to play Bruins style hockey. Most people think they are just a big, and hitting team. They actually are well balanced and can play any style. They play with speed off the rush, with skilled players.

They can play 1-0, 2-1 defensive games, but also can play 4-3, 5-4 high scoring games. IMO this is key for the playoffs, being able to win all types of games.

Been saying that Benning would be an excellent choice ever since it was finalized that Gillis was gone. Either Benning or Gilman for GM and I would be happy, a combination of both would make me even happier.

Pres: Linden

GM: Jim Benning
AGM: Laurance Gillman

Senior Advisor: Pat Quinn

Coach: ???

Shea Weber to Vancouver

E. Kane to Vancouver

Lucic to Vancouver

Sign Halak

(take another swig)

Lucic - Kesler - Kane

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Hamhuis- Weber

Tanev - Bieksa

Stanton - Corrado

Cederholm

Lack Halak

What is this, NHL '08?

Weber

E Kane and

Lucic

for

Bless your black heart, oldnews.

Archived