The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Pesidents Salary

Russianfan

There is no way a president can make less than the GM as you claim. That would undermine the position, the President will ALWAYS make more than the GM because they are higher up on the ladder.

It just makes sense.There is not a single organization in the world that has people taking orders from someone who is being paid less than them.

the coach is the boss of the players but many players on the team will make much more then him.

It doesn't matter what anyone else is making it is what the employer and employee agree is a fair wage for the job they do.

There is no way a president can make less than the GM as you claim. That would undermine the position, the President will ALWAYS make more than the GM because they are higher up on the ladder.

It just makes sense.There is not a single organization in the world that has people taking orders from someone who is being paid less than them.

players take orders from the coach, most players make more than the coach

please stop talking

Who is your boss?

Hope you realize there are only about 1300 millionaires in the world.

The only one I know living in these parts is JP.

Who is your boss?

Right, my boss wants me floating his name around on internet chatboards. Please grab a brain.

It is our business, because as a person who has an interest into getting into the professional sports executive positions I am trying to evaluate the compensation structure and to consider if I would be interested in these type of roles.

I could save you time and say that if this is your criteria in deciding whether or not this career is for you or not, this career is not for you.

So that means Pres Linden makes more than the Sedins.

Ray Shero must make more than 9 million dollars by that logic..

A YEAR TO BOOT.

You're not very smart.

For one would you qualify?

And for another point, Trevor isn't a "high-flashy" kind of guy. I'd give him more credit for fiscal restraint (he went into real estate development and started his own business after all and he doesn't drive a lambo or have a large house) He was shopping at Safeway for one thing at the start of his career despite a fairly decent rookie salary. The kid's got a head on his shoulders.

I thought he'd go to superstore instead o.O

If a player like Trevor who i see always shopping at regular places and dressing in t-shirts and driving a regular car, that shows me he has no money to burn. Any true rich person, a high class person will always shop at the best places, drive the best cars, live in the biggest homes. Growing up i admired and adored the rap stars, the tv celebrities because they inspired my generation to go out there and make as much money as we could to afford the life style we can get.

I am sorry but I do not believe for a second that a professional sports player would be doing regular joe shmoe things unless they were running low on funds, there is simply no other way to explain that.. Think about it, it makes sense.

Bull...I know a billionaire who I have golfed with who drives a regular car(fully loaded mind you).Lives in in a somewhat regular house for that kind of money(only 1800 sq ft and im not talking Vancouver).If you happened to hook up with him on the golf course you would never know that he was even a millionaire never mind a billion. Just a regular guy.

I have met quite a few people with money because of where I live and the thing that I have learned is that most of the people that actually have money don't really rub it in your face. The want to be rich are another story.

Just some of the rich people I have met that most might know...John Davidson(drank beer more than once, played poker with him),Allison Redford(drank wine with her and golfed with her husband and know her sisters. I have met several NHL players and drank beer with them...some are dik heads others good guys.

One of the first rich guys I ever met was just that way...a regular hard working guy.

One day he said to me When I was a young lad at his summer home (he was from Medicine Hat)just after the Canucks drafted Trevor. He said that the Canucks had just drafted a real gem in Trevor and that not only was Trevor a good hockey player but he was a real stand up guy. Man oh man was he ever right.

That's the thing about a lot of Canadian players and rich people...they got there with hard work and some luck but for the most part they deserve what they have.

I'd be inclined to think this was culturally insensitive parody if I didn't believe he was completely serious.

I hope so, because otherwise I fear for the safety of his kids. Someone will call child services if they turn a blue color.

I could save you time and say that if this is your criteria in deciding whether or not this career is for you or not, this career is not for you.

Yeah, I should've saved time and just said that.

Love this post if trolling. Try reading this with a Russian accent (based on the username) and it's pretty hilarious.

I actually just finished an episode of the Kroll Show and I can't help but think of Ceasar.

krollshow_201_dad_academy_the_wallet_640

Not that it's any of our business (of course), but I've never heard of Trevor and his wife having children.

If he were to ever have any of course, it's more to illustrate he'd be well off financially for some time. When I typed it out I was initially meaning he did have some now, but then I realized he clearly doesn't.

"Any true rich person? Something tells me you have limited experience in that field. Jimmy Pattison wears clothes from Walmart. Is he a truly rich people."

He also doesn't throw any of his clothing out as i've seen him shopping at Save on in North Van. Most of the suits i've seen him in were maybe in style in the 60's and 70's.

"Any true rich person? Something tells me you have limited experience in that field. Jimmy Pattison wears clothes from Walmart. Is he a truly rich people."

He also doesn't throw any of his clothing out as i've seen him shopping at Save on in North Van. Most of the suits i've seen him in were maybe in style in the 60's and 70's.

well he's 85 years old lol, so makes sense kind of

If a player like Trevor who i see always shopping at regular places and dressing in t-shirts and driving a regular car, that shows me he has no money to burn. Any true rich person, a high class person will always shop at the best places, drive the best cars, live in the biggest homes. Growing up i admired and adored the rap stars, the tv celebrities because they inspired my generation to go out there and make as much money as we could to afford the life style we can get.

I am sorry but I do not believe for a second that a professional sports player would be doing regular joe shmoe things unless they were running low on funds, there is simply no other way to explain that.. Think about it, it makes sense.

Wow, what a ridiculous comment.

Who is your boss?

1300 millionaires in the entire world? There is that many millionares playing in the 4 major North American sports alone. Not to mention the owners and senior staff who are also millionares. I hope you meant billionares.

1, i doubt he has money to last 2 lifetimes, please...

2, of course he's in it for the money. dont be naive

Are you really that stupid not to think he has money for 2 lifetimes?

Really?

Wow. He could have made way more money concentrating on this other businesses. I forget how dumb kids are sometimes.

Yes you may have roots that starts as a farmer or whatever but everyone wants to escape those roots. Black people rap about getting out of the hood, white folks want to leave the country for the urban life style. Pro atheletes were pushed into sports by parents hoping to cash out, just like I will with my kids.

Dont kid your self these guys do it just as much for the money as they do for the love of the game. I grew up addoring my Russian hockey players and I can see their attitude towards money and this game, and it reflects the entire NHL. The Russian players are a perfect example of how NHL converts you into the life style of the rich and famous.

There is absolutely no down side to anyone who has money to show it and spend it on nice things, I see no value in trying to stay to the low class farmer life style and trying so hard to "be your blue color roots" no one cares about blue colored folks in high class societes ok? I mean pro atheletes are not and never will be blue color, once you have access to millions of dollars your mind set and mind will change.

Clearly you arent rich enough to understand that!

It makes 0 sense for someone with money to look and live poor, absolutely not what I grew up watching on tv, reading in magazines, listening to the radio etc.

This is your problem right here. To say all these people live the same way is a gross generalization. What is on 'tv, magazines, the radio' etc is/has poisoned impressionable youth like yourself believing materialism is the way to love life. Some 'poor' people put on a front to look rich when in fact they are in debt. I happen to know a few very wealthy people (as do most people) and all those people are very different in the way they spend and flaunt their money. Some spend extravagantly and some do not. It comes down to individual personality traits and up bringing.

This is your problem right here. To say all these people live the same way is a gross generalization. What is on 'tv, magazines, the radio' etc is/has poisoned impressionable youth like yourself believing materialism is the way to love life. Some 'poor' people put on a front to look rich when in fact they are in debt. I happen to know a few very wealthy people (as do most people) and all those people are very different in the way they spend and flaunt their money. Some spend extravagantly and some do not. It comes down to individual personality traits and up bringing.

lol this, i find people that try and show off that they have money by wearing expensive clothes/shoes/sunglasses etc. are usually trying too hard to make it look like they have money when they in fact can probably barely afford that crap

most rich people I know are quite modest with their money

This is probably one of the dumber things I've ever read on this forum.

The majority of people that are wealthy are not like the rappers and other losers you see on TV. They are people that have actually earned their money and they didn't make it by blowing it on anything expensive.

A good example is Warren Buffet. Who topped the list of the wealthy and was worth over 60 billion US at one point(58.5billion now). He has lived in the same house his whole life, and only takes a salary of 100k per year.

Does that mean that Dan Bylsma makes more money than Sidney Crosby?

Using your logic, Sid can just tell Dan to piss off.

Archived