The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Malone Arrested for DUI and Cocaine possession

Vrienzy

@SportsCenter: Lightning LW Ryan Malone arrested early Saturday morning on charges of DUI and cocaine possession: http://t.co/XCthZBrnqs

@LightningTimes: Ryan Malone arrested on DUI, cocaine charges http://t.co/MDmUJvjhDw

@LightningTimes: Yzerman, in a statement, said he is aware of situation. Malone will not be with team for finale Sunday at Wash but cannot comment further.

@ESPN_NHL: Ryan Malone of Tampa Bay Lightning arrested for DUI, cocaine possession http://t.co/eRnc93pK7D

Tampa Bay Lightning left winger Ryan Malone was arrested early Saturday morning under suspicion of cocaine possesion and driving under the influence at 3:23 a.m. in Tampa, Fla. at Platt and Rome Streets.

Malone's BAC was .112 and .116 according to his booking information, which is over the legal limit in Florida of .08.

According to WFLA-TV, a Tampa police officer saw Malone hit a curb while driving and pulled the Lightning forward over. The officer then found cocaine in his pants pocket.

RyanMaloneMugshot.jpg

People who drink and drive are complete scumbags.

I've lost a family member to someone who decided he was too good for a cab.

I'm so sorry to hear that Boose. Hope you're slowly recovering from the incident if in fact possible.

As for what you said about drunk drivers, completely agree. There's no excuse or reason at all to be driving under the influence and if you do, let's just say you're not the brightest nor the most liked by any means.

This. There is no exuse for a full grown mature adult to be driving under the influence, I don't care who you are. It's incredibly reckless and stupid.

Sorry for your loss, Caboose.

I mean who hasn't had this happen to them?, the only reason it's news is cause he's famous.

Ummm... I have never been arrested for drinking and driving, nor did I ever drive drunk or high on coke... Kind of a stupid choice really.

You're a millionaire, take a cab FFS..

I mean who hasn't had this happen to them?, the only reason it's news is cause he's famous.

And stupid?

Pretty irresponsible. Whatever lifestyle choices he makes are one thing but to get behind the wheel is another. Just a clueless move.

Someone very close to me had her life ruined because her sister and brother in law were killed by a drunk driver in Alberta. They left 5 orphans for her take care of.

The 19 year old driver's sentence? 6 months timed served and probation.

Cocaine is everywhere 90 percent of bar workers have a social habit so do a majority of the population, the whole demonizing of it is overrated as long as you use in moderation no different than drinking excessively or eating unhealthy. As for dui you think a player making 4.5 mill could afford a taxi or party bus or limo what a loser obviously cheap as fuck

Cocaine is everywhere 90 percent of bar workers have a social habit so do a majority of the population, the whole demonizing of it is overrated as long as you use in moderation no different than drinking excessively or eating unhealthy. As for dui you think a player making 4.5 mill could afford a taxi or party bus or limo what a loser obviously cheap as frack

The majority definitely do not do cocaine.

Not cheap. Stupid, arrogant and reckless. Ask Steve Chiasson. Ask Danny Heatley.

He probably couldn't afford a cab on his paltry salary of $4.5M/yr. :picard::picard:

Probably blew it all on drugs and alcohol :bigblush:

Though I think teams may offer to pay for cab service. I remember when Braylon Edwards in the NFL with the NY Jets got a DUI they said something about how the team specifically offers to cover cab fair or something to avoid DUI situations.

Archived