The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

Prolific scorer and speedy winger resemblant of Pavel Bure?

I take him at #6.

I'd rather take Dal Collie at #6 if he is available. He is Cole Cassels linemate and has good chemistry with him. I also think he is a better sniper than Ehlers.

If we take him at #6 I would be very happy, definitely a little riskier than some other picks, but the reward is much higher as well.

I think we've missed that kind of high flying high skill prospect on this team for a very long time.

Although that's only as long as guys like dal colle, Bennett, draisaitl are gone by then.

very few players do that and quite often it's a rush job by a desperate team it's better to wait 2-3 years like Detroit is doing

And sometimes the experience of playing in the big leagues is more valuable than juniors. Just look at O'Reilly.

Maybe if we had the 14th pick... Definitely not at 6th overall.

He's rated as the 6th best North American skater, he isn't falling out of the top 10 since Nylander and Kapanen could be the only euros to fight for a top 10 pick. He isn't going to slide that's for sure.

we know. isnt this like your 6th thread about this? get a gf man

Plays his cards right Ehlers finds one of his many threads and it's love at first sight.

I'm really hoping one of the top 5 players drops to us. Too bad Calgary didn't still have Feaster. Hopefully Snow is his usual not smart self and does something stupid.

Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett, Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Nylander, Richie, Kapanen, Perlini, Fleury and Virtanen all go before he does.

If we trade Kesler for a top D prospect and a pick in the 11-14 range, Ehlers wouldn't be a bad take. I'd look at getting Mantha from Detroit first though.

I'd rather take Dal Collie at #6 if he is available. He is Cole Cassels linemate and has good chemistry with him. I also think he is a better sniper than Ehlers.

I think it's a given that we are assuming the "big five" are gone. After that I think Ehlers or Virtanen would be a good choice.

Lower mainland kid, winger from the WHL, power forward goal scorer, with great athletic ability Virtanen.

No way we pick Virtanen at #6. I don't care if he is from BC or Lower mainland. I want the best player available that is a fit for this team and addresses our need. #6 pick is a really important pick and is too high of a pick to go off board for a player like Virtanen. My ranking is:

1. Ekblad

2. Reinhart

3. Bennett

4. Draistail

5. Dal Collie

6. Ritchie

7. Ehlers

16. Virtanen

So If we had another mid 1st round pick, maybe we could've risked that pick for Virtanen. Although I would probably prefer Tuch over Virtanen.

We've always been wanting a local kid from the WHL who's a big strong guy, unless a guy falls from the top 5, I put my money on Virtanen

No way, you don't gamble all your money on a random number in roulette. In fact, I like to see Linden trade for a higher pick, maybe #2 if Ekblad is still available. We didn't sink this low just to draft Virtanen who could easily be picked at #16 or #17. There are a bunch of players that could be picked ahead of Virtanen like Ho Sang or Tuch.

I think it's a given that we are assuming the "big five" are gone. After that I think Ehlers or Virtanen would be a good choice.

Rather pick Ritchie or Ehlers than Virtanen. They are more of a safe pick compared to Virtanen who seems to be really hyped in this forum just because he is a "local" kid.

Rather pick Ritchie or Ehlers than Virtanen. They are more of a safe pick compared to Virtanen who seems to be really hyped in this forum just because he is a "local" kid.

Or because central scouting has him rated higher than Ritchie and Ehlers

Archived