The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

I watched Ritchie and wasn't overly impressed, figured a guy that size would be able to do more if he had the skillset some people claim he has.

Ehlers on the other hand has an amazing skillset and hockey IQ. He reminds me a lot of Mike Santorelli but is even a more accomplished sniper with a wicked wrister. If the Nucks can get a Santorelli-like playmaker who can also snipe, sign me up.

That being said, if someone chooses outside of the obvious top five (Calgary, I'm looking at you), then we take the BPA.

Yes. But virtanen is raw. He has an unrefined skillset that needs developing but could pay off in spades, look how much he's developed this year alone. Ehlers on the other hand looks like what you see is what you're going to get. And I see Jordan Schroeder 2.0. Now I don't want them to use 6th overall on either of these players, however if I had to pick between the two I would take Virtanen.

Virtanen or Ehlers are possible players that you can pick outside of top 10 so am not sure why people are still debating on taking Virtanen at #6. I'd be fine with Virtanen if we had an extra 1st round pick to use on him. Although when you have the top 6 pick, you always go BPA.

Virtanen or Ehlers are possible players that you can pick outside of top 10 so am not sure why people are still debating on taking Virtanen at #6. I'd be fine with Virtanen if we had an extra 1st round pick to use on him. Although when you have the top 6 pick, you always go BPA.

THANK YOU!

Ehlers, Nylander and Kapanen are as close to a Nyquist as we can get. It took Nyquist a while to develop, but he is another example of why you don't always need your prospects to step in immediately.

I'm pulling for any of these three prospects.

However, I wouldn't be upset if we drafted one of Ritchie, Perlini or Virtanen. I can't make guarentees of any sort, because the draft is a hell of a crapshoot.

Nyquist is too godlike to even compare anyone to right now.

Nikolaj Ehlers is a Carolina favorite as well. Him playing with either of the Staals would make their team so deadly.

Plus speculation that Kesler might be traded there...

I'd rather not talk about picking after Carolina.

OMG YES. OMGOMGOMG yes if Carolina drafts ehlers they'll be super deadly maybe even top 20 in the nhl next year. OMGOMGOMG

Why couldn't u put this in one of the many draft threads, most notably the one in Canucks prospects, you just want every single member and guest to see how high you are on Ehlers? I dont get it!

He wants the discussion to be specifically about his boyfriend Ehlers.

Whichever way the Canucks go, I think it's very unimportant to pick a player because he's ready to play now. Too shortsighted. Have patience, get the guy with the biggest payoff...whenever it happens.

That is amazing insight, picking a player that's NHL-ready is shortsighted and a developed scorer later on would pay off much more in the long run.

All in all, we shouldn't expect to play hard for a cup anytime soon.

Time to start looking to the future

#JadedForMcDavid

#LullForEichel

Hahaha talk some more, please. Oh, and don't mind the name of the topic right, because you can't read anything past what you type yourself?

Tell me, do you wear glasses? I think you've lost them.

Tell me exactly what I've misinterpreted from your posts. It certainly isn't your borderline creepy infatuation with an 18 year old boy.

Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett, Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Nylander, Richie, Kapanen, Perlini, Fleury and Virtanen all go before he does.

If we trade Kesler for a top D prospect and a pick in the 11-14 range, Ehlers wouldn't be a bad take. I'd look at getting Mantha from Detroit first though.

umm the worst we get now is 7 how do we get to 11-14? lol

Archived