The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: 20th Century Warfare

g_bassi13

Before the game, she asked me what role I had and I told her I was Mafia. She assumed I was joking and asked again, so I told her I hadn't received a PM yet. I guess she took that and figured that regular TPs didn't receive PMs, which screwed her over when you asked her about her role.

Ahh.

I was suspicious of her before that but it really did seal her fate.

I'm just bugging you. We really didn't have much of a chance with how the TP alliance played. I wonder how things would have gone if the Soviets hadn't killed me. I was hoping 112 was going to use her kill, allowing me to save her and cement my place in the alliance. Oh well, aborted attempt of a rare tricky play by me as mafia.

And BTW, SS was telling the truth with his last words. I suggested in the first round that Caboose might have been the Soviet equivalent of a role we had. Guess not.

It was originally Hodor's idea (a good one) for SS to put those as his last words, and I must say it really helped pushed the Caboose vote. However, SS was so inactive most of the game, I was dying of laughter when she was trying to get SS to comply. It went something like:

SS YOUR LAST WORDS:

"Might as well call out a Soviet while going out. Caboose is full of crap because the role he outlined is much like one Nazis have. It is a mafia role. The last part he tweaked for the sake of blending in does TPs no help nor does it make sense. Lynch him. "

frack SS. Read the PM

Un ???? believable man. Post it as your official last words

Are you going to ???? do what you're supposed to or not SS

:lol: ^

Basically, my biggest regret was giving every single TP a role with which to vet their innocence. I originally didn't, but when the sign up sheet expanded, and there were then 5 Mafia on each team, I thought I should balance out the odds by giving all the TP a power as well. That Overpowered the TP for different reasons obviously.
So I apologize for those that were kind of lined up as cannon fodder in the end, lol. But the game still wouldn't have worked if the sheriff and vig weren't so accurate, which all things considered, they did of their own skill and accord.
I was really disappointed when the TP alliance started using these markers to try and route out rats, but it didn't break any rules, so that was my bad.
A list of all the roles and who was what, if anyone wants to go through them:

Go Faulk Yourself - United Nations Investigator (Sheriff) – United States of America
The World’s powers are trying to declare themselves to be above the law, committing atrocities of war without fearing retribution. Representing the UN, you have the power to clear a name of someone operating on an even keel, or investigate and catch
someone operating for the Soviets or Nazis.
Each Round, you may submit a name for investigation, and you will learn whether or not they are Mafia.
Drouin - CIA Director (Vigilante) – United States of America
Representing the United States, you see many entities operating outside of your nation’s comfort zone. You work for an agency well known for their ability to assassinate high value targets. Through covert operations, you have the power to stop them dead in their tracks, by eliminating them all together.
Each round, you may submit a name for a kill, and an attempt will be made to take their lives.
BurrDaMan - Army Nurse (Doctor) – United States of America
Crossing the ocean, you have enlisted and taken to the field. Soldiers fighting the war are beginning to fall, but you can help. With your training, you can help ensure they go back to fight another day.
Each round, you can submit a name for a save, and a potential attempt to take their lives will be negated.
OurTimeToShine - MI6 Spy (Tracker) – United States of America
As an agency of the British government, you are operating in conjunction with your allies in the United States. The Cold War is a tense one, and you share a common goal in eliminating the communists to the East. Using your expertise as a MI6 Spy, you can follow a chosen target to uncover what devious actions they may be up to.
Each round, you may submit a name for tracking, where any visits they make over the round will be listed to yourself.
One One Two - Army Enlistee (Twin Blade) – United States of America
You country is at war, and as a local farm hand from Nebraska, you answer your country’s call to arms. With no experience, and little training, you can accept the idea of giving your life for your nation. Sent to the front lines, the least you can do is make sure you take an enemy soldier with you before you die.
You have one opportunity to submit a name for a kill, and if it goes through, you shall die as well.
Malkin Cookies - The Forgotten Highlander – United States of America
Hailing from Scotland, you agreed to join war for your country allying with the United States. However you spent much of this time facing crisis after crisis, finding a way to survive whatever travesties life is throwing at you. You want to see this war and live long enough to tell your story.
Every odd numbered round, you are immune from any attempts at your life, outside of a lynch vote. This is a passive ability.
Kesler87 - NSA Agent (Watcher) – United States of America
You are working with the National Security Agency, a US government agency dealing with analyzing foreign intelligence. Much data passes through your hands, and some of this can be construed into determining who is taking action against your allies. You can figure out who it is that wants to hurt them.
Every Round, you may submit a name to be watched, and any other players that visit them will be listed.
PPCLI - Double Agent (Role Blocker) – United States of America
Biding your time living in Nazi Germany, you hold a secret your neighbours do not know about. You work for the German government, but have been sent there on behalf of the United States. You are tasked with obstructing within, to make sure things don’t get through.
Note: Excuse the confusion this may cause. This is purely a Role Blocking role. The Double Agent aspect refers only to a
description of its relevance in the story of this war. You are playing only for the Townspeople, and have no contact with the Mafia.
Each round you may submit a name, and that person’s role and power will be negated. This does not affect Mafia kills.
Peaches - Rosie The Riveter – United States of America
“You Can Do it”. A rallying cry for the remaining workers on the US domestic front, you stand as a symbol for enduring industry. You and the women you represent are tasked with keeping up the war on the manufacturing front, ensuring outputs remain high.
Every vote you make will be worth 2 votes towards a lynch.
Caboose - Tokyo Rose – United States of America
An American born citizen, you are trapped abroad as war begins. Finding yourself a prisoner, you agree to do what the enemy asks, as harmless it may seem, to avoid death. The US does not take to kindly to your actions however, and have branded you as a terrorist.
Any initial attempt on your life will be automatically negated, but upon investigation, you will from that point on appear as a Mafia, despite still being and winning with, the Townspeople.
smallthegiant - NASA Commander – United States of America
In charge of NASA, you have been placed at the forefront of exploration. With your advanced technology, and numerous satellites, you have an eye in the sky. These advantages give you a heads up onto the ongoings of the world.
At the end of every round, you will be given the name of a role in the game, and what powers that role entails, but not who holds it. This is a passive ability.
Aladeen - The Saboteur – United States of America
Stranded in Nazi occupied France, you are on the side of the Americans and their liberation efforts. Looking to make some noise in the form of chaos, you are biding your time, waiting for the right time to weaken the enemy forces. When you do, you make sure destruction follows.
Beginning in the third round, you may submit a name for a kill. From the fourth round onwards this becomes a blocking ability. If only 4 townspeople remain, this becomes a killing power again by default.
ilduce - Financier – United States of America
You represent what exists at the heart of American power, that which stems from its ability to spend. You’re not afraid to go the mile and make sure that your allies receive the financial aid that they need. If they stand strong, it is only of benefit to yourself.
Every round, you may submit a name, and that person will be able to double the output of their role’s power (eg. Vigilante getting 2 kills). However, after submitting a person’s name, you are blocked from doing so for a full 3 rounds. (eg. Powering the Vigilante in round 1 means you cannot do so again until round 5)
VICanucksfan5551 - Angel of Death – Nazi Germany
You are a terrifying figure, who has well earned his reputation, and his nickname. You have both an understanding of human physiology, and depraved beliefs about human behaviour. Your workings on health have been superseded by your desire to fuel your allies and discriminately eliminate the enemy,
Each round you may submit a name for a save. If the action goes through, you lose that power. It gets replaced by a power to submit a kill, once an ally dies. If you die first, that power to submit a kill gets passed to an ally at random.
Gumballthechewy - Heer Foot soldier – Nazi Germany
You are a young German man, who is looking to fight a war in the name of the ideals that your new government has put forth. You want to conquer Europe and control the world, for the Nazis. However, if you sense the tide changing, you know when to jump ship.
You have no active powers, but if you are the last remaining member on your team, you will be defaulted to joining the United States as a Townsperson, to win the game with them. Upon investigation however, you will remain a Nazi member.
Silfverberg Snipes - Duquesne Spy (Role Investigator) – Nazi Germany
Representing Nazi Germany, you have landed yourself on American soil. Your goal was to infiltrate American society, and you have done this successfully. Working as a Nazi Spy, you send information about the Americans you are with, letting it be known how it is they conduct themselves.
Once every two rounds, beginning in round 2, you may submit a name for investigation, and that persons role description will be outlined. This is not a traditional Kingpin role, and you are not immune from investigation from the sheriff.
mau5trap - Reichsführer-SS – Nazi Germany
You are the Reichsführer of the SS, commander of the Schutzstaffel, an elite guard unit known for its brutality in war. However infamous in their actions, the SS in your command are highly skilled fighters. With the SS at your call, you not only have an elite defense at your hand, but an army ready to carry out your will.
Any initial attempt on your life will be negated, and the following round, you will be given the ability to submit a name for a kill.
Luciferase - Minister of Propaganda – Nazi Germany
Tasked with turning the country to your party’s every whim, you possess a skill to make sure no one questions what you say. While decrying the enemy within your borders, you make sure to keep discretion to your actions to prying eyes from abroad. The key to your country winning the war is tied to your ability to twist facts, and push lies.
Every second round, beginning in round 1, you can submit a name of a player that will have their allegiance appear incorrectly upon investigation by the sheriff. (eg. Submitting a name in round 1, will have them incorrectly identified in round 2.) You yourself remain immune from investigation results until round 4, at which point you gain the power to submit the name of a player who will have their role blocked.
Bo Hunter Booth - Soviet General (Role Blocker) – Soviet Russia
You are a no nonsense commander in the Soviet army. A veteran of war yourself, you know what it takes to win one, and expect nothing short of pure dedication from your soldiers to get the job done. Controlling your army, they specialize in the ability to bog things down, to the point where the enemies cannot show the skills they supposedly possess.
Every round, you may submit a name, and that person will have their role blocked from operating that same round.
Kryten - Red Army Foot soldier - Soviet Russia
Forced into enlisting in the army, you exist to serve the whims of your leaders, at the threat of death if you disobey. You slog through the winter, following through on advances and retreats as your officers see fit.
You have no role powers.
King Heffy - Sputnik Operator (Role Investigator) – Soviet Russia
Soviet Russia is famed for its rocket technology, and have advanced to the point of sending an artificial satellite to space. The first of its kind, Sputnik offers a new ability to gain Intel, through the prying eyes of space. Operating on a level above your enemies, this gives you an opportunity to learn their secrets before they can hide them.
Once every two rounds, beginning in round 2, you may submit a name for investigation, and that persons role description will be outlined. This is not a traditional Kingpin role, and you are not immune from investigation from the sheriff.
Where's Wellwood - Domestic KGB Spy (Watcher) – Soviet Russia
Having infiltrated US society, you are now to your neighbours nothing more than another person looking to chase the American Dream. If they dug far enough however, they will see that you are not what you appear to be. Putting on the face of a happily family man, you secretly work for the KGB, sending secrets you can find from spying on those who think you to be one of them.
Every Round, you may submit a name to be watched, and any other players that visit them will be listed.
Intoewsables - The Despot – Soviet Russia
You are a tyrant of the highest calibre. You keep the country controlled under the vice of your iron grip. Insubordination results in death, as your way is the only way. Your goal is to carve out your own large piece of the world, and that will involve taking that beyond what may be considered to belong to you.
Every round, you may submit 3 separate names, who will all have their votes blocked. Once only 11 players remain, you will be limited to 2 blocks. You are also immune from investigation every third round of the game, where investigation by the sheriff will come back as a Townsperson.

Fantastic job hosting gbassi, thanks a bunch. It must have taken forever to think of the roles, write them all up, deal with everyone's questions, night falls, and so forth.

Shit, it really did, lol. You get an idea by reading the roles list out in my above post. But I love history, so I had fun in adding the role titles and descriptions.

I loved doing it though. I'd like to have a go at this again after whoever wants to follow Kryten.

Btw, TB = way too OP?? I prefer the TP's to win games but it's way too easy to start an alliance, and I just learned this game that the TB could still use their kill and still be saved?? What kinda ???? is that

They wouldn't have their power after the one kill, lol. At least not in my game. They'd just become an ordinary TP after their power use.

They wouldn't have their power after the one kill, lol. At least not in my game. They'd just become an ordinary TP after their power use.

Still, all 112 had to essentially say was:

Hay guise, I'm TB. Specials msg me so we can obliterate both mafia teams. K thx.

The sheriff and vigilante performances were still spectacular though, I won't deny that. Confirmed aimbot.

Archived