The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torterella admits he failed to coach team and blaims room for lack of success

vancouvercan

1st of all, he didn't "BLAME" the room... they are twisting his words... 2nd of all, if you actually listen to what he said instead of regurgitating what the media says he said, you would know that he blamed himself for not coaching the team

Don't be fooled by Torts' double speak people. I've heard Torts so many times now say something like, 'I'm not blaming X ... it was me, I should have done better to get X going.' Torts IS essentially shifting blame to X where

X = injuries

X = core

X = not enough depth

X = Edler's suspension

X = Hartley

X = Olympics

I think his best quote was when he was asked if he was worried about losing his job as coach:

"I don't coach or worry about losing my job."

:lol:

He just seems a bit pompous ... kind of like daring Trevor to fire him. Not open to other people's opinion, just his own. Going into the meeting with 16 knowing that he'll get $4m still even if he gets fired (1/2 of his $8m owed).

Not really a big fan of Torts but I think he always takes his share of the blame which is commendable, having said that I don't think he's the right coach for this team and comes with too much baggage....but Linden knows best and I'll be happy with what ever he decides to do..

He just seems a bit pompous ... kind of like daring Trevor to fire him. Not open to other people's opinion, just his own. Going into the meeting with 16 knowing that he'll get $4m still even if he gets fired (1/2 of his $8m owed).

I think you read Torts the wrong way

Media and CDC twisting words again. Refreshing to here a coach hold himself accountable and speak open and honest about the team. Not like the previous coach who when in interviews seemed like he was just thinking about what pack of chewing gum to buy next.

Media and CDC twisting words again. Refreshing to here a coach hold himself accountable and speak open and honest about the team. Not like the previous coach who when in interviews seemed like he was just thinking about what pack of chewing gum to buy next.

But then, you're just classic CDC throwing the winningest Canuck coach under the bus...How soon we forget...?

Archived