The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we draft Bennett or Ehlers if still available at 6

Canuckle Dude

Sorry for any mistakes. It's my 1st time in the Canucks forum and I've been a Canuck fan since the '90s and decided to join this exciting pumped forum. With the 6th overall pick in this year's draft, if Ehlers or Bennett would you pounce on either on them. If their still available which is there an ever slight chance that they are, we should pounce on Bennett. Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Ekblad, Nylander, Kapanen, etc are all the guys in the mix that the Canucks could possibly pick.

If Ehlers is available at 6 which most likely he will, I wouldn't mind him either. He seems to have a scoring touch as good as Drouin. He has 49 goals and 106 points with the Halifax Mooseheads, who were just eliminated from the Memorial Cup. Bennett has been considered as a projected top 3 pick. If no one in the top 5 don't pick this guy, someone legitly made the biggest mistake. He has been compared to many guys like RNH, Nathan MacKinnon, Horvat too, Barkov, etc.

Anyways who would you consider... Bennett or Ehlers at 6

Florida: Aaron Ekblad

Buffalo: Sam Bennet

Edmonton: Likely will trade the pick, whoever gets it picks Draisatl

Calgary: Nick Ritchie

New York Islanders: Michael Dal Colle

Vancouver: Sam Reinhart

Is how I see the top 6 going.

I hope this is what will actually happen, but i dont really see Reinhart dropping that much

I think we have a really high chance at Dal Colle or Draisaitl if Calgary decides to go off the board again.

I believe Bennet CAN drop, he was not in the top 3 four months ago, went to first, and in the latest ISS ranking dropped back to 3rd. Bennet would be amazing at 6th. Seth Jones went 4th, anything is possible.

If we call Edmonton and really push a deal, we can land Reinhart. That kids going in the top 3 for sure.

Well ill gladly be happy with that if this did happen although if Dal Colle is available that'll be pretty shabby

I think we have a really high chance at Dal Colle or Draisaitl if Calgary decides to go off the board again.

I believe Bennet CAN drop, he was not in the top 3 four months ago, went to first, and in the latest ISS ranking dropped back to 3rd. Bennet would be amazing at 6th. Seth Jones went 4th, anything is possible.

If we call Edmonton and really push a deal, we can land Reinhart. That kids going in the top 3 for sure.

I personally don't like Reinhart as much as Dal Colle or Draisatl.

Calgary will 100% guaranteed take Ritchie I'd bet money.

Would be awesome to land Reinhart but I dont see him Bennett, Reinhart or Ekblad falling out of top 5

Draisaitl or Dal Colle are the only ones who might be available to us if calgary or new york go off the board but I cant see a guy who bounced around top 3 all year being available to us

Bettman announces right before the 3rd pick is made in Philly " I have a trade to announce. You're going to want to hear this. The Edmonton Oilers have traded their 3rd overall pick to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Tanev, Hansen, and their 6th Overall"

Crowd goes wild and we draft Reinhart or Bennet good day sir.

Even so the isles would take Reinhart he is the 2nd line C behind Tavares

Isles will commit to Ryan Strome for the future, and they have Nielsen there right now. Down the LW however they are quite weak. That's where Dal Colle fits in.

Would be awesome to land Reinhart but I dont see him Bennett, Reinhart or Ekblad falling out of top 5

Draisaitl or Dal Colle are the only ones who might be available to us if calgary or new york go off the board but I cant see a guy who bounced around top 3 all year being available to us

Well you never know. Bennett was once ranked outside the top 3 so if he's available at 6 I'd grab him. But Grabbing Ehlers ain't so bad. He seems to have an eye for goal as what all, as Canuck Fans are in desperate need of

Isles will commit to Ryan Strome for the future, and they have Nielsen there right now. Down the LW however they are quite weak. That's where Dal Colle fits in.

Yeah their pretty weak at the wing now with Moulson and Vanek gone. So Dal Colle is a possible choice for them maybe Ritchie, Draisaitl and Ehlers. I have this feeling the Isles might go off the board as well maybe going with Kasperi Kapanen or something probably

Bettman announces right before the 3rd pick is made in Philly " I have a trade to announce. You're going to want to hear this. The Edmonton Oilers have traded their 3rd overall pick to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Tanev, Hansen, and their 6th Overall"

No way, not Tanev

If Tanev is moved id like to see the 6th kept I mean Tanev is a young guy as is. Dont see a point in helping out the oilers while making our d and system weaker

Archived