The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Anderson Silva!

someone streamed it and recorded it too youtube, just watching it, silva looks good boxing.

EDIT: also not sure how that was a split decision lol, silva worked him but chavez had a 2 or 3

Edited by TNucks1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

someone streamed it and recorded it too youtube, just watching it, silva looks good boxing.

He looked really good, and he's 46! Chavez did not come in prepared, he gave up 100k cause he was overweight. 

I don't think Silva lost more than one round. Spilt decision was a joke. 

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

He looked really good, and he's 46! Chavez did not come in prepared, he gave up 100k cause he was overweight. 

do you know how long he's been boxing? or is this kinda like a one time thing?, thought he was jsut enjoying reitrement

2 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

do you know how long he's been boxing? or is this kinda like a one time thing?, thought he was jsut enjoying reitrement

He actually had a couple boxing matches when he first got started in MMA, in his Pride days. 

He's always wanted to box again and had tried to during his UFC career but uncle Dana wouldn't allow it.

Nice to see, he looks like he could do  a few more. 

• Cheers 1

On 6/20/2021 at 9:34 AM, bishopshodan said:

Did he now- that explains why he looked gassed in R5.  Good on Silva tho- age 46.

Davis/Barrios is the fight to tune into on Sat

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 3:23 PM, Angry Goose said:

Charlo v Castano - what a battle.  Happy it turned out to be a draw.  Back and forth fight.  Definitely want to see a rematch, or Jermall take him on/.

Good fight however it illustrates how corrupt this sport has become

114 -113 Castano

114-114 aaaaannnnd 

117- 111 to charlo 

Castano won this fight.

Can't wait for Tszyu to fight Castano.

No matter what that guy states he is the no 1 contender and has earned his shot.

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Good fight however it illustrates how corrupt this sport has become

114 -113 Castano

114-114 aaaaannnnd 

117- 111 to charlo 

Castano won this fight.

Can't wait for Tszyu to fight Castano.

No matter what that guy states he is the no 1 contender and has earned his shot.

If Castano won the fight, it would be barely based on my own assessment.  I'm quite satisfied it was a draw.  Would much rather see a rematch with a more clear cut winner

Anderson should mop the floor with him. Wish it was the other brother but this one lives quite the experiences...imagine getting to be in the ring with Floyd, next up Silva? that would be back to back fights against guys in GOAT convos for their respective sports.

Logan is one of those people that believes we live in a simulation and I think he has found a cheat code. 

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/7/20/22585793/logan-paul-vs-anderson-silva-boxing-dillon-danis-ufc-mma-news

Still rumour at this stage and the source is weak but I could see it happening. 

Edited by bishopshodan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

hopefully woodley knocks out jake tonight

Let's say that you're getting an extra million dollars to take a fall, would you do it?  Not saying, just saying...  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some people have claimed there was a no knock-out clause in the Woodley v Jake Paul fight.

Now the brother Logan will likely have the same provision in this.

What a mockery.

Report: Mike Tyson vs. Logan Paul expected to take place February 2022

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/10/23/22741794/report-mike-tyson-vs-logan-paul-expected-to-take-place-early-2022-boxing-mma-ufc