The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

9 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Can we stop calling Loma a p4p "king" now. the guy faced his first real test and got dominated.

Andre Ward and Bradley are Top Rank cheerleaders. 

Ward's card 114/114 LMAO!!

What a performance by Lopez! I've never seen a multiple belt holder champion get dominated like that. Loma got walked, countered, bullied in that ring..

hopefully this humbles the Loma fans who think he's better than Mayweather and Pacquiao lol. 

I would hardly call it his first real test especially since he has been fighting above his proper weight class.

Regarding the fight, I get that Lomachenko likes to come on in later rounds, but that seemed like an insanely arrogant gameplan to just throw away the first 6-7 rounds and expect to be able to pull off a win. 

I'd also like to rewatch the fight on mute because Timothy Bradley screaming for half the fight like he was Lopez's Mom and then switching at the last half of the fight like he was Loma's Mom was painful on my ears and took away from what my eyes were reading. 

On 10/17/2020 at 10:08 PM, Trebreh said:

Can we stop calling Loma a p4p "king" now. the guy faced his first real test and got dominated.

Andre Ward and Bradley are Top Rank cheerleaders. 

Ward's card 114/114 LMAO!!

What a performance by Lopez! I've never seen a multiple belt holder champion get dominated like that. Loma got walked, countered, bullied in that ring..

hopefully this humbles the Loma fans who think he's better than Mayweather and Pacquiao lol. 

Dominated? I don't think he was dominated. I think he definitely lost, but I don't think he was dominated. And if you've never seen a multiple belt holder champion "get dominated like that", then you should watch more boxing?

On 10/17/2020 at 10:20 PM, Down by the River said:

I would hardly call it his first real test especially since he has been fighting above his proper weight class.

Regarding the fight, I get that Lomachenko likes to come on in later rounds, but that seemed like an insanely arrogant gameplan to just throw away the first 6-7 rounds and expect to be able to pull off a win. 

I'd also like to rewatch the fight on mute because Timothy Bradley screaming for half the fight like he was Lopez's Mom and then switching at the last half of the fight like he was Loma's Mom was painful on my ears and took away from what my eyes were reading. 

Totally agree. I know he's a slow starter, and I was expecting that even more considering his long layoff, but I kept waiting for him to start picking up the pace, after the 4th as he was losing too many rounds and basically needed a KO to win. But for whatever reason he didn't. You could tell that Lopez was the much bigger fighter, and I think maybe Loma was a little leery of Lopez's power, and because of that he wasn't engaging like he needed to. 

25 minutes ago, Drop Em said:

Dominated? I don't think he was dominated. I think he definitely lost, but I don't think he was dominated. And if you've never seen a multiple belt holder champion "get dominated like that", then you should watch more boxing?

:rolleyes: Trust me i watch plenty boxing it's my 2nd fav sport besides hockey. Name a multiple belt holder that's regarded as THE "p4p king" like Loma was that got walked down and bullied in the ring in defence of his titles and lost unanimously?

Maybe dominated was be the wrong word, but he never was in control of that fight from start to end. He fought scared, his 'matrix' angles was non existent got countered and couldn't adjust like a great fighter should have.

32 minutes ago, Drop Em said:

Totally agree. I know he's a slow starter, and I was expecting that even more considering his long layoff, but I kept waiting for him to start picking up the pace, after the 4th as he was losing too many rounds and basically needed a KO to win. But for whatever reason he didn't. You could tell that Lopez was the much bigger fighter, and I think maybe Loma was a little leery of Lopez's power, and because of that he wasn't engaging like he needed to. 

Loma finally fought someone thats not a cab driver or an over the hill Rigo and got exposed. simple as that.

Gotta laugh at the experts who called him an ATG and the next Henry Armstrong with like 12 fights and 2 losses :lol:

forget moving up in weights he doesn't have the power. too many killers for him at 135. if he stays at 130 Davis KOs him lol

33 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Loma finally fought someone thats not a cab driver or an over the hill Rigo and got exposed. simple as that.

Gotta laugh at the experts who called him an ATG and the next Henry Armstrong with like 12 fights and 2 losses :lol:

forget moving up in weights he doesn't have the power. too many killers for him at 135. if he stays at 130 Davis KOs him lol

You do not like Loma because of how others have overhyped him, yet you are basically acting exactly like those same people just in the opposite direction. 

8 hours ago, Trebreh said:

:rolleyes: Trust me i watch plenty boxing it's my 2nd fav sport besides hockey. Name a multiple belt holder that's regarded as THE "p4p king" like Loma was that got walked down and bullied in the ring in defence of his titles and lost unanimously?

Maybe dominated was be the wrong word, but he never was in control of that fight from start to end. He fought scared, his 'matrix' angles was non existent got countered and couldn't adjust like a great fighter should have.

You originally said multiple belt holder, you didn't say ANYTHING about the "p4p king". Because if you did, then that would be a TOTALLY different conversation because those are two VERY different things. My argument is that there's been SEVERAL different multiple belt holders who have lost decisively.

He was in there against a younger, and bigger guy with big power. His feeling out for the first few round game plan didn't work, and his ring rust showed (IMO), but I don't think it was a dominating unanimous decision.   

On 10/19/2020 at 2:06 PM, Drop Em said:

Lopez's speed was a big factor I thought.  He's got quick hands and pretty good reaction time up until the latter half of the fight.  And having that size/power  + comfortableness against a southpaw no less probably handcuffed Loma

On 10/19/2020 at 2:45 PM, Trebreh said:

Davis will get his ass kicked. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is the real deal. So rare to have that kind of freak power at that light of a weight class. He has some similarities to Tyson with his piston like punches, especially the upper cuts. Also took a page out of Floyd's book defensively. Could be the ultimate package. Would love to see him take on Lopez in a battle of young undefeated killers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...