The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[BOXING]Related discussion here!

Angry Goose

Any predictions guys?

I got it a controversial draw to set up a rematch in September. More money for both.

I don't see a rematch happening, because if I'm correct it will be Mayweathers last fight this september. Maybe Amir Khan, Timothy Bradley or maybe even a Golovkin fight, which would be awesome.

I don't see a rematch happening, because if I'm correct it will be Mayweathers last fight this september. Maybe Amir Khan, Timothy Bradley or maybe even a Golovkin fight, which would be awesome.

Well it's my prediction.

He is going to make 200 million in this fight alone. If he fights anybody else he's not gonna make that kind of money. Yes he can fight bums and make 70 million and that's awesome but i have a feeling this fight is going to be fixed. Either a draw or a controversial win for Mayweather to set up a rematch to make more money and win the fight easily in the rematch to show that he clearly beat him the first time just like he did his last fight against Maidana.

Anyways, hoping for a fair fight. No excuses after but the politics of boxing will find a way to ruin this.

Well it's my prediction.

He is going to make 200 million in this fight alone. If he fights anybody else he's not gonna make that kind of money. Yes he can fight bums and make 70 million and that's awesome but i have a feeling this fight is going to be fixed. Either a draw or a controversial win for Mayweather to set up a rematch to make more money and win the fight easily in the rematch to show that he clearly beat him the first time just like he did his last fight against Maidana.

Anyways, hoping for a fair fight. No excuses after but the politics of boxing will find a way to ruin this.

you make a good point there, we can both agree though that Mayweathers last fight will haul in a ton of money either way.

I don't see a rematch happening, because if I'm correct it will be Mayweathers last fight this september. Maybe Amir Khan, Timothy Bradley or maybe even a Golovkin fight,which would be awesome.

Assuming he gets the W against PacMan, there's no way he risks that 0 to fight Golovkin for his last fight. I think he fights Amir Khan in September.

Canelo is a hype job tbh. He already got exposed twice.

I feel like if he switched trainers to someone like maybe Robert Garcia, then he could become a good boxer. I do agree though that he's been hyped up a bit much but I was quite impressed in his fight with Lara.

I feel like if he switched trainers to someone like maybe Robert Garcia, then he could become a good boxer. I do agree though that he's been hyped up a bit much but I was quite impressed in his fight with Lara.

I agree! If he gets a new trainer like Garcia, Roach or even Virgil Hunter he'd improve.

Only way Pacman wins is by knockout. If he can't do that, Mayweather.

I think Pac could easily win by decision simply by sheer output. Depends on how much Mayweather clinches, and then if the ref is going to be letting them grapple or breaking it up quickly. But Maidana was catching Mayweather, so Floyd turned it into a wrestling match. If Marcos is putting tips on him, Pacquiao can.

I think Pac could easily win by decision simply by sheer output. Depends on how much Mayweather clinches, and then if the ref is going to be letting them grapple or breaking it up quickly. But Maidana was catching Mayweather, so Floyd turned it into a wrestling match. If Marcos is putting tips on him, Pacquiao can.

I think Maidana exposed Mayweather in their first fight, even though Maidana is my favorite boxer I don't think he was good enough/ had enough stamina to keep pouring onto Mayweather. Pacquiao on the other hand, I believe can beat Mayweather with the same strategy as Maidana

I think Maidana exposed Mayweather in their first fight, even though Maidana is my favorite boxer I don't think he was good enough/ had enough stamina to keep pouring onto Mayweather. Pacquiao on the other hand, I believe can beat Mayweather with the same strategy as Maidana

Pac's the best Mayweather will have ever fought, a southpaw, and has Roach in his corner. But I don't think he'll 'expose' Mayweather. Floyd doesn't show any real flaws, other than low output and a reliance on clinching. The only real bugaboo is that he'll hold his right hand high in guard, so maybe a booming left to the liver could be available for Pacquiao.

If Manny wins, it won't be him picking apart Floyd and showing us all these flaws that nobody exposed before. It'll be him biting down on his mouthguard, ripping his heart out of his chest, and taking the fight to a less motivated Floyd. And like I said, whoever referees has a big impact on the fight.

Pac's the best Mayweather will have ever fought, a southpaw, and has Roach in his corner. But I don't think he'll 'expose' Mayweather. Floyd doesn't show any real flaws, other than low output and a reliance on clinching. The only real bugaboo is that he'll hold his right hand high in guard, so maybe a booming left to the liver could be available for Pacquiao.

If Manny wins, it won't be him picking apart Floyd and showing us all these flaws that nobody exposed before. It'll be him biting down on his mouthguard, ripping his heart out of his chest, and taking the fight to a less motivated Floyd. And like I said, whoever referees has a big impact on the fight.

Maidana and Pacquiao have a similar style in that they throw lots of heavy punches from very unorthodox angles, which proved to cause Mayweather a bit of trouble, notably in the early rounds.